Tips for optimising LSP

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
LSP was running desperately slow for me and I thought perhaps this was the result of bugs - however I'm running it on a brand new AMD machine (Win 7 Home SP1, AMD A4-3400 Radeon HG Graphics 2.70ghz, 6GB memory) and thought this can't be right, bugs or not. After some reading around I found some settings to turn off which has helped a little bit.

So I thought it might be worth posing the question, are there some settings to turn off/on or programs that might conflict or other tips that may help speed up transition or macro processing or stop a jerky preview, etc. Share your experience. Thanks!

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Well tonight I started a blank project in LSP and this time I created multiple controllers for each segment of roofline & gutter.

Previously I created 1 controller per universe - eg: the entire gutter, or entire roof line - with about ~150 pixels in each.

However now with multiple, smaller controllers for each sub-element everything seems to be running much much faster!

Bird

LOR user
Best tip ..
Turn off LSP and turn on LOR ::)
Eddie will now ban me from the forums :D

FYI .. I also have LSP (just never used it yet) ;)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bird said:
Best tip ..
Turn off LSP and turn on LOR ::)
Eddie will now ban me from the forums :D

FYI .. I also have LSP (just never used it yet) ;)

Would you take a tip from someone who hasnt used the product thay are bagging. :eek:

But in all seriousness there are issues and I wont argue that, what now is the focus going forward is to deal with those issues which stop LSP from being the leader. If you had taken the time to use it and learn it, then you would see the extent of the power of LSP and why so many have persisted with it. ;)

Compare that to LOR which really lacks many of the tools offered by LSP :D

Slite

Full time elf
I think LSP's major problem is that it does have a higher learning curve than the others. At least from what I have seen.

Once you get into it tho, you kind of overlook it's little "problems" just because it really is an awesome product.

Once we get the 64-bit version there is (to quote the Cable guy) "No end to the possibilities!"

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
LSP is like using AutoCAD, Its hard at first due to the complexity and available features and support, but once you get to know its power you then cant see yourself using anything else

But expect memory crashes to be a thing of the past with 64bit and improved scheduler performamnce in the next release :D