Tips Tricks on singing tree When to open close mouth...

JeffOz01

New elf
OK Been hard at work, playing around in xLights, watching video's etc.....

I have 2 singing trees, there all set up in xlights, and I have all the lights lined up in the right places and color...
and I can open and close the mouth, even make them wink....
Have the music there and a line of text, the words to the song, all there in xlights....
Starting to line up the opening and closing of the mouth with the words....

I have seen little bits here and there about the shape of the mouth for different sounds, what I am looking for is some tips, tricks, etc.. From those who have done a few (lots) of songs on how to get things right???
other then just open and close the mouth at the start and end of each word....

Thanks people.....

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf

JeffOz01

New elf
well I have watched that video over and over and over and ..............................................
I have tryed every setting there is .... and the ONLY!!!! way I can get the mouth to work is by turning the lights on or off for each word one at a time.....

the changes between 2016 and 2018 just make it so different that there needs to be a big!!! update to the user manual and videos....
time to scrap xlights cut the losses befor getting in to deep....

keithsw1111

Senior elf
If you want some help drop into chat and ask someone to pop into zoom to help because it isn’t hard.

There are also very recent singing faces videos on videos.xlights.org. Singing faces has changed only slightly since 2016. A lot of stuff around it has changed a fair bit.

If you want to move on from xLights lor and vixen are your big options.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Trust me if you want to do singing faces, using xLights is the easiest way to do it.
True it takes a bit to set everything up correctly, but once you've got it right, it's pretty much as simple as dropping the lyrics down line by line.

As Keith said, drop into chat and ask someone to help you via zoom.

(zoom in case you haven't used it is a web chat/teleconference/screen sharing program. The xLights team have a license that anyone can use, there are also regular "zoom sessions" Thursdays (USA Wednesday night) and Friday nights.)