TPR1 Header pins

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
Just wondering if somebody could post what is the correct 5-pin header used from Mouser or Digit-key for programing these. I know it is a standard header pi, but my pic-kit did not come with one. Been using paper clips to program, want to get something a little nicer for the weekend.

Thanks, Chuck

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Chuck, all you need is a 5 way piece of standard 0.1" (2.54mm) header strip. I normally buy 40 way strips and snap to length. Something like this Digikey one.

EDIT:
The one we use is the Altronics P5430 which is a lot cheaper. Please note that the photo on that page is the two row (80 way) version, but that part number is the single row (40 way) one.

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
this is not an ad!!!

when we sell our pickits with our icsp adapters we include a ribbon cable and some male/male connectors that have long pins on both sides of the plastic. this works real nice.

for people in the usa we could drop some in an envelope for a couple of bucks. if enough aussie's are interested I could ship some to David (or some volunteer) to distribute/resell as needed.

-Ed

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
Thanks David, that's what I was looking for.
Actual, found 5 and 6 headers for .60 a piece and tacked them on with some other goodies.
I like using Digit for small orders, because they charge actual shipping for 1st class USPS, and gets her in two days!