Tutorial: Custom models and whole house model. 7pm MST, 9pm EST

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
The general idea of the spreadsheet and the visual display in NutCracker is to give you an "idea" of what your yard will look like. The models and layout do not have to be perfect so long as when you do your "whole house" model they are drawn "relative" to each other.
Imagine you are unrolling your display and as you unroll you see more and more. And then imagine that as you unroll then what YOU see is what is actually SEEN in your display. If they are revealed out of order then just rearrange them so they are revealed as you want them in real life.

Say an arch starts then 1/3rd through you start to see a tree and that half way thru the arch is half way thru the tree then modify the spreadsheet to represent this.
Hope this helps.

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Thanks guys...so I will put spaces between the numbers where needed...this should be the last question on this, as the preview of what I've done looks pretty good...what do you do to represent nodes that go around the corners (Gutters that go around the corner of the house, that have nodes on them,) but aren't facing out on the model, being its not 3D...

smeighan

Dedicated elf
thevikester said:
Thanks guys...so I will put spaces between the numbers where needed...this should be the last question on this, as the preview of what I've done looks pretty good...what do you do to represent nodes that go around the corners (Gutters that go around the corner of the house, that have nodes on them,) but aren't facing out on the model, being its not 3D...
just stack them on top of each other. The assumption is it is how you view it from the street.

This whole house model is no where as nice as LSP, but it is available now.
If Matt was still around we talked about building the who;le house model from the preview screen itself. he is not so this is as good as i can suggest for this year.

thanks
sean

thevikester

Apprentice elf
just stack them on top of each other. The assumption is it is how you view it from the street.

When you say stack them...put multiple channels into one box, and if so, as I'm no excel expert...just separate with a comma?

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Multiple numbers in one box whether separated by comma or just a space does not work...what would your suggestion be Sean?

smeighan

Dedicated elf
thevikester said:
Multiple numbers in one box whether separated by comma or just a space does not work...what would your suggestion be Sean?
Increase the resolution. If u had a 30x20 custom model, make it 60x40.
This the only way to get many nodes that are close together drawn