Uncle Bills MFC

Cabrinha

New elf
Does anyone have a parts list or photo of the components in a Uncle Bills MFC (PD-4F1-A)? I have a 3m star waterfall light that has been water logged and no longer functions due to some of the diodes and capacitors corroding, I was hoping to replace the faulty parts but the corrosion has made them unreadable.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
How many channels is the controller and what voltage is it. There's probably little chance of someone having the details that you want but there is a chance that someone may have a compatible controller. I know I have dozens of 3 and 5 channel controllers I've chopped off strings.

i13

Dedicated elf
I (and probably lots of other ACL members) have spare multi-function controllers that you might be able to solder in its place. Please list the power (W) and/or the current draw (A or mA) plus the number of wires between the controller and lights. Is this an LED light set? This is the info I need to see if I have any that are likely to work.

Cabrinha

New elf
Yes it is an LED light set and 5 channels.
Transformer: 24v 920mA 22VA
Bulb rating: 3V 20mA 0.06w
Total wattage: 18.5W

Here is a photo minus a few corroded components :-\

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 21

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That's 4 channels. If you replaced the corroded diodes with some 1N4004 or similar it's entirely possible that you could get the board going again as it doesn't look that bad. If that fails I have dozens of 4 channel controllers here and have 2 right beside the keyboard that would swap directly over. If you don't have any luck getting it going send me a PM and I can shoot you a couple of controllers.