Update for the P12S

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Have spoken with Ed about the p12s update and it should be out soon I will follow up with Ed again tonight

dkulp

Full time elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
Have spoken with Ed about the p12s update and it should be out soon I will follow up with Ed again tonight

I've completely given up on Ed's idea of "soon". I've been inquiring about the X2A status since April and every time I ask, it's always "hang in there, just a couple weeks more". Been like that for 5 months or so. Was planning on using the X2A to drive some pixels for my Halloween display, but I had to drop that idea and go a different route earlier this month due to the never ending "soon". Couldn't rely on them.

Thus, I've learned to plan on what the products do TODAY, not what they say they will do. If you need to drive DMX today, the D2 works very well.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Guys I have spoken with Ed today and he will have the next firmware ready for test/play this weekend.

so here is hoping. looks like a weekend of testing :D

I made up an adaptor cable with the ESTA standard pin out from RJ45 to DMX pin 1 to 1 pin 2 to 2 and pin 7 to 3.
Since I will need it coming off the P12S or the D2 device. Anyone know if that is the standard that J1sys uses?
Lee

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok Guys Ed has sorted out the next firmware and is just doing some final testing and will release it tomorrow. so stay tuned

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Sorry guys ed found a error in the coding in his words

"Worked on testing yesterday. Instead of simple testing and cleanup I found I had broken some pixel functions with added dmx functions. Found where I got two ‘h’ files out of synch. Fixing today and testing"

so here is hoping for tomorrow or the next day