Upload Output is grayed out for 2 each F16v5 controllers on Xlights controller page

tsavage

New elf
Generous elf
I updated my xLights to version 2023 .20 64bit for Windows. After updating, I see that 2 of my 7 controllers show up as duplicate controllers with the same IP, however, both of these controllers show different universe IDs. The "Upload Output" button is grayed out I am NOT able to show lights on any output from these 2 controllers.

In my old version of xLights (2019.54) did not show as multiple IDs and I had no problems. Since the update, I have not been able to upload outputs to the two controllers in question. As mentioned above, both controllers are F16v5s and they show "Upload Output" as grayed out. I also have 2 other F16v5 controllers that do not have this issue and I am able to upload output, thus both are working fine.

Here is my picture of the controllers with Protocols, Addressing and Universe IDs.

1702157564448.png
Any help is much appreciated...

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Two controllers have the same IP address. So there are showing as unmanaged, therefore upload outputs won't work. xLights doesn't know which set of configuration to upload in this case.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Configure all your props on one controller definition, remove the other, and let xLights manage the configuration.

Also, that UI like like Windows 7. Be aware that it hasn't been supported by Microsoft for almost 4 years, xLights does have issues with it and some things don't work anymore.

tsavage

New elf
Generous elf
Thanks Skymaster. I will try deleting the duplicate controller definition and get back to you.

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Just change them to the correct IPs. No need to delete - although it is also an easy fix.

tsavage

New elf
Generous elf
MikeKrebs, Thanks for your reply. My problem was that both duplicate addresses had correct (same) IP addresses. (Before updating to latest xLights, some of my universes, for example (17-24 and 57-60) were on IP address 192.168.1.60 and ran on one controller. After updating, universes 17-24 and 57-60 were spit off into seemingly two controllers using same IP address (192.168.1.60). My thinking is that the new xLights saw these separate universes as two different controllers with same IP address.

Once I deleted one IP (192.168.1.68) with universes (57-60), I am now able to upload output and the lights are working properly for universes 17-24. I did the same with the other duplicate IP with the same results.

I am now getting ready to try configuring my props to proper IP addresses and hope it works. Will get back.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I would :
1. Forget trying to work with universes. Set up the controller for full xLights control, auto size, etc, and let visualiser do all the hard work for you. Drag the props onto ports and upload. No dealing with those numbers anymore.
2. Switch to DDP. Raw channel numbers are used; there's no xLights Channel to E1.31 Universe/Channel Mapping, and then on the controller the Universe/Channel back to Controller channel mapping. It's all 1:1