Uploading gif into Xlights

KEVINM1960

New elf
Hi Guys..I am wanting to put this moving image onto my megatree but when I upload into pictures and press play there is no image on my tree preview? My other sequences work ok. What am I doing wrong?
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Boof63

Senior elf
have you set the scaling to to suit the tree, grey box about half way down the picture effect settings.
I have just copied it and can get it to appear but no movement as copied is just Jpeg.
Hope this helps
Cheers Boof63

KEVINM1960

New elf
Thanks guys for your replies...I got the gif from the Xlights library and have seen it moving on a mega tree on an uploaded video....are you saying this particular gif is in the wrong format or something keithw1111...if so can I change it in any way to make it work?

NewtoLightz

New elf
Hi Guys..I am wanting to put this moving image onto my megatree but when I upload into pictures and press play there is no image on my tree preview? My other sequences work ok. What am I doing wrong?
View attachment 11919
I'm new to xlights and the whole thing but I was messing around in sequencing and added the image so I added a .gif and checked the the box loop and it worked. Some scaling and and all and it fit perfect

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I use animated gifs fairly often just by downloading from the internet. As newtolightz said above, looping it and scaling to fit your model (tree, matrix etc) will need to be used no doubt.