Using a big PSU question

Dreamin

Full time elf
Hi,

I've changing my layout to improve the ease of use, and rather than add another power supply I bought a Meanwell 100amp 500W 5v powersupply to run the whole thing. Just wondering how everyone goes from the 3 PSU outputs to multiple controller inputs. Running my F16v3 + Expansion + Diff expansion so there's 4/5 connections there. I don't really want to just hope for the best, so would prefer that it's realiable and safe to use with the PSU.

TIA.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf

DarkwinX

Full time elf
So I'm guessing with Alan's one you use only one of the negative terminals but 2 of the positive ones?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
So I'm guessing with Alan's one you use only one of the negative terminals but 2 of the positive ones?
My understanding is you only need to fuse the +pos wires not the -neg. So Alan's board you would just run 3x +pos wire in and 6x +pos wires out (you could double up one of the ins or outs if really needed to.)
Whilst a little more expensive, I use David_AVD's boards in some of my enclosures as they are a little bigger (4x in, 8x out) but also allows for both pos/neg wires to be fed in and out to make cabling (in my opinion) a little easier)

Dreamin

Full time elf
Thanks everyone. In the end I went for one of these https://www.jaycar.com.au/powertech-6-way-fuse-block-with-bus-bar/p/SZ2031 as it handles 100amp (PSU is 100amp) and can handle outputs up to 30amp per output and also covers the negative with a bus. Worked well and I even figured out how to wire up the Shelly 1PM thing too which had the strangest instructions ever.

Adsy

Full time elf
Thanks everyone. In the end I went for one of these https://www.jaycar.com.au/powertech-6-way-fuse-block-with-bus-bar/p/SZ2031 as it handles 100amp (PSU is 100amp) and can handle outputs up to 30amp per output and also covers the negative with a bus. Worked well and I even figured out how to wire up the Shelly 1PM thing too which had the strangest instructions ever.
I have been using these and the 12 way versions for a couple a years. Sure, they can take up some space but offer a lot of flexibility

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I run two of those in my MT box. One on each PSU. They work a treat. I think I picked mine up off Amazon or eBay - worth shopping around for them - Jaycar can be a bit pricey at times.