Using Aluminium Profile for Permanant Lighting

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Eddy,

Do you have any recommendation on importing this into the U.S.? All the vendors I am finding on shore here have the one meter lengths.

Awesome idea and I love the look.

Louie

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
nutz4lights said:
Eddy,

Do you have any recommendation on importing this into the U.S.? All the vendors I am finding on shore here have the one meter lengths.

Awesome idea and I love the look.

Louie

I was able to get this shipped in 3 metre lengths due to the volume i bought in, as i dealt directly with the factory.
When doing the outline of a building then you want as little joins as possible so that makes the 3 metre lengths much better for that purpose.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
This looks real good.

I would like to know more as well, perhaps a bunch of us US guys can do a bulk order

-Blu

mschell

Full time elf
I for one have an interest in doing this and getting some of the under eave type profile.

I'm in the US and would need about 30-40 of the 3 meter segments.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Fast eddy, your setup looks great, can you show some detail pictures of how you installed the wiring into the Al sections, how did you handle joints / where strip finishes? i.e. most strip is 5m lengths so how did you get the wires from the house into the strip neatly?

Also whats shipping say 10 sections to Brisbane going to be like?

Richard

damona

Full time elf
Could you add to the profile drawings where you would screw it on..... Assuming you screw it on outside.... Thanks

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
smartalec said:
uncle fester said:
Hi fast eddy, is this profile still available or have I missed the boat.
Uncle Fester
there is this mob if your intrested in trying them out
http://ledstore.volkalighting.com.au/300-cm/

Have I missed something. To me it looks like Eddy's prices are cheaper and he is in Australia. Why wouldn't you get it from him. Maybe he doesn't sell it any more and I missed that part.