Very new

AndiK

Apprentice elf
AndiK said:
i13 said:
It takes more work to set up for the first time but many of the low voltage light sets can be used with DC control. This is a cheaper option than LOR and you can use it to control the channels within the light sets. The main thing to avoid is light sets with an 8-function controller AND only two wires going to the lights.

You can save a lot of money by avoiding LOR hardware and software but that'll inevitably be put into creating a more extensive Christmas display. Answering your question about which controllers to use for your existing lights, there is a good list of them here
http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controllers

It is a good idea to start learning and planning for next year now. It takes a long time and lots of dedication to learn and prepare but it is worth it. You're not starting too soon.
Thank you.. yes I'm looking towards next Xmas.
I have too see and ask loads of questions about controllers that are compatible or can use my lights I have now.. the little ones you get from Big W or Bunnings... It's all a bit confusing at the moment for me.. [emoji15]

i13

Dedicated elf
You should be able to control those if there are at least three wires between the 8-function controller and the lights. Always watch out for this if you're buying them too.

There are plenty of controller options; I'm glad you're aiming for next year because by then you'll know a lot more to make informed decisions. Keep reading the new forum posts as they appear and sooner or later they'll make more sense.

Keep asking questions no matter how silly they might sound.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AndiK said:
i13 said:
It takes more work to set up for the first time but many of the low voltage light sets can be used with DC control. This is a cheaper option than LOR and you can use it to control the channels within the light sets. The main thing to avoid is light sets with an 8-function controller AND only two wires going to the lights.

You can save a lot of money by avoiding LOR hardware and software but that'll inevitably be put into creating a more extensive Christmas display. Answering your question about which controllers to use for your existing lights, there is a good list of them here
http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Controllers

It is a good idea to start learning and planning for next year now. It takes a long time and lots of dedication to learn and prepare but it is worth it. You're not starting too soon.
Thank you.. yes I'm looking towards next Xmas.

Welcome to ACL, nothing stopping you from dipping your toes in this Christmas and having a go with at least just one item, this will set you up for bigger and better things for next year

Bird

LOR user
oops .. slow reply on my part but
Welcome.gif

to ACL Andi