Vixen 3.1 Questions

aaronwa

Apprentice elf
Hi Guys,

I have sat down and creating very basic sequences with vixen. For example using 5 "set level effects" 20% increase in brightness its a "fade up"

Is there anyway to save these custom effects into a library, or a quick menu for saving, and inserting? or do i have to rely on copy and paste?

adski

Dave Brown
If you want a "fade", use the Pulse effect. After placing it on the timeline, double-click on it to edit it, and then click on the Intensity Curve box to edit the fade characteristics (the default is a fade up from 1 to 100% over the length of the effect).

[attachimg=1]

You can drag the blue square handles to create the shape you want (contol-click to add a new handle). When you're happy with it, click Save Curve to save it in the library.

Dave

Attachments

• CurveEdit.png
    CurveEdit.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 65

davrus

Silent elf
Christmas Lights Perth said:
Is there anyway to save these custom effects into a library, or a quick menu for saving, and inserting? or do i have to rely on copy and paste?

Presently, you can't save defined effects. The workaround is to have a sequence where you save them, and from where you can copy paste to the target sequence. (You can have more than one sequence open at the same time - but they must all be in the same profile. There is no way to copy and paste stuff from a sequence in one profile to a sequence in another profile)
Presets and colour collections can be used across sequences.

damo1271

Full time elf
I find the preset intensity curves useful if you have an intensity curve that you use regularly. Lets say you use the complicated "M" shape that Adski drew all the time. Simply place the effect, then right click and then select your required preset curve from the collection item and it magically applies the defined intensity curve to the effect. :)