Vixen 3.5 due for release by end of Jul.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Vixen usually has a major release once a year around Sep with 1 or 2 updates after the release to fix any issues. However this year we will be looking at a major release by end of Jul to allow users (that don't use the builds) to benefit from the large number of new features and improvements that will be introduced for V3.5.

Throughout the year the Vixen Development team never stop working on ensuring Vixen is one of the best Sequencing Software out there. Below are some highlights of Release 3.5.

New videos on the Vixen Lights YouTube channel that show some of these new features.

- Redesign of the Lipsync effect and function. Significantly improves workflow and time it takes to generate lipsync effects. No need to have an effect for every mouth movement. One effect can do it all.
- Custom Props - New form so users can import Boyscoyo models or create you own custom props. Save and share models. Significant improvement on what we had before.
- Redesign Mark Collections and add Labels to Marks. Significant improvement on marks.
- New Count Down effect.
- New Shapes effect using scalable vector graphics. Embedded shapes, fully customisable geometric shapes, Christmas and Halloween shapes. Ability to import SVG files.
- Include the use of Mark Collections in the Lipsync, Alternating, Text, Fireworks and Shapes effect. Allows changes to be made based on selected Mark collection and marks.
- Drag and drop files from Windows explorer to the timeline to automatically create required effects. Can drag multiple files and file types at once. Works with image files (including gif), Video files, Glediator files and SVG files.
- Enable OpenGL for the preview (enabled in the preview setup form) - Allows the user to zoom in/out and drag display around the preview.
- Remove preset library form and replace with three separate forms for Colors, Gradients and curve.
- More Performance improvements for larger displays.
- Many improvements to existing effects and other features.
- Ability to check for any Vixen updates. Will show a list of all changes compared to your installed version. From the main form on the help menu.
- Many bug fixes.
- and many more.

A detailed list and release notes will be posted when Vixen 3.5 is released.

Please visit the Vixen Lights YouTube channel

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Thanks Keith. After you showed me the xlights shape effect using the fonts, I did try and use fonts first but just didn’t like it in the end and Jeff suggested using SVG. So I designed it more as a SVG effect. Turned out alright and the ability to control multiple colours in the embedded shapes I liked.