Voltage & Amp Meter

Noel Richards

Full time elf
Just wandering if anyone can tell me how this gets wired I know the black and red is power but wandering about the 3 wire I think would be data power and neutral but which is which. Will not load picture so colours are Blue Green and Yellow.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Definitely need a link and/or a photo.
Voltmeters are easy as they are typically just the plus and minus. Current meters are more complicated. Some have a built in resistor shunt and some are designed for an external shunt. The external shunt ones will typically have light wires from the meter as they are actually measuring voltage across the shunt. The internal shunt versions will have heavy wires to handle the 5A/10A or whatever or alternately solder pads for mounting heavy wires direct to the pcb.

Noel Richards

Full time elf
Definitely need a link and/or a photo.
Voltmeters are easy as they are typically just the plus and minus. Current meters are more complicated. Some have a built in resistor shunt and some are designed for an external shunt. The external shunt ones will typically have light wires from the meter as they are actually measuring voltage across the shunt. The internal shunt versions will have heavy wires to handle the 5A/10A or whatever or alternately solder pads for mounting heavy wires direct to the pcb.
Trying to up load but keeps coming back saying can't do it will try and down size the res.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
HTB1xKkGHVXXXXXlXFXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg

That's from an Aliepress page i found by searchingon google with "voltage current shunt connection"