Well ....... it's done.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Goliath said:
Just been running a few plans past the Minister for War and Finances, and showing her videos of members Xmas light displays.

Her response?

"You should have bought more!"

Mission accomplished!

That sounds like a never ending supply of cash to me :)
time to buy a couple more controllers and a lot more LED's

-Blu

Goliath

Full time elf
Well the journey has begun. All the goodies have arrived, and appear in good nick. Assembly starts - OMG! Where???

Build a box dummy .....

After much thought, I found these tool boxes at Masters. These will not be waterproof, but they will be in a relatively protected area.

7275.jpg

Seemed like a good idea to extract some heat, and I happened to have a fan idling about. The box seems to have an spot custom made for it.

7276.jpg

Next I precisely cut out a piece of 9mm ply to fit the bottom of the box. Ahem, then trimmed a bit around the bulgy bit I hadn't noticed .......

7277.jpg

Bought some MAB brackets (top) from Bunnings, and bent and cut the buggers to look like the bottom one.

7279.jpg

Goliath

Full time elf
Made a top deck where the controllers are intended to live (Surely no one needs more than two controllers :eek: )

7280.jpg

And this is sorta where stuff should end up ....

7283.jpg

scamper

Dedicated elf
Just a thought, and I cannot read your mind, or see the whole of your box, But 2 things I suggest.
you need a hole for the air to either enter or escape (depending if the fan is pushing or pulling) and I would add some insect screen over the hole also, unless you are confident you won't get insects where you are.
If the fan is at the bottom of the box, you can add a couple of holes at the top and put a pvc elbow or similar on, so any possible water spray etc cannot run down into it.
otherwise.... Looking good :)

Goliath

Full time elf
Yep, both things are on the list, scamper. I'm trying to get it to 'lock up' stage pretty quickly, so I can start playing safely with things that blink.

Goliath

Full time elf
Geez. The beast is alive! Three days of tears streaming down my cheeks trying to make sequencers talk to the beast, and at last, "Eureka!", the beginning of understanding started to light up behind my eyes. Vixen3, I suspect thou art a powerful beast indeed!

Boof63

Senior elf
Great effort, can relate completely, but when that light buld goes on ( or stuff works and not sure why) , it's a huge relief!!!!
Cheers and wecome to the fun and frustration
Boof63