What an unlimited budget can do

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Timon said:
I live about 7 miles away so I checked it out. I was impressed by the physical layout but not the programming. It just felt like a disco, not a Christmas display. Madrix alone just couldn't do the layout justus.

That's part of the problem with Madrix. It's amazing at controlling pixels, but there isn't native musical input or sequencing to music so you couldn't use Madrix standalone and get get a really great choreographed effect. You can do time control, but that'll only get you so far unless you're going to control your lights manually ever night :)

Ideally you'd need another program such as LSP to call into Madrix to drive elements to music.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
BillInSoFL said:
Timon said:
I live about 7 miles away so I checked it out. I was impressed by the physical layout but not the programming. It just felt like a disco, not a Christmas display. Madrix alone just couldn't do the layout justus.

That's part of the problem with Madrix. It's amazing at controlling pixels, but there isn't native musical input or sequencing to music so you couldn't use Madrix standalone and get get a really great choreographed effect. You can do time control, but that'll only get you so far unless you're going to control your lights manually ever night :)

Ideally you'd need another program such as LSP to call into Madrix to drive elements to music.

Bill

That is the big negative to Madrix that most devotees fail to mention, it looks great running effects but unless you go the extra distance and use another sequencing software to drive the timeline the lightshow just ends up looking like a disco or special effects display.

Madrix shows of effects we can generate. Software like LightFactory takes us to the whole next level to actually sequence those effects.

Phil