Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by bjpc2716, Dec 26, 2016.
got to many ideas for next year display the list is a long one will be start on them in feb 8)
1. Test the new transmitter that I ordered early December
2. work out how to pay for the stuff I want
3. Replace the 2080 pixel screen with a 5*5 or 6*6 P10 panel setup
4. increase the height of the spinners to about 6 meters off the ground
5. MAYBE increase the height of the megatree by 42 pixels, but thats only a MAYBE
6. Work out how to move singing faces to the peak of the roof so they can be seen better
7. Trim trees and shrubs so its easier to view the house, but still keep that barrier there
8. Put a small section of fence up in the corner where hedges never really grew up (2 panels should do it, but I'll go half length panels so it's stronger)
9. Large slab of steel or concrete to anchor Hyphey in the yard, and waterproof the front of it
10. Concrete the base for the Megatree to stop it sinking into the ground over the month, also better ground anchors for the 2 guy wires
11. Design and 3D Print some 6 sided snowflakes that should hold eithor 16 or 32 LED's per part. Most likely 16 LED's, so 96 LED's per snowflake - and they should be about 2 foot in diameter
Theres more, but that will do for now
You could do what I did and concrete a sleeve in the ground (just below ground level) and insert the mega tree pole into that, when you take it out, you put a cap over it to stop any dirt getting in.
Downside is you must remember where it is, cause it can get hard to find if you have lawn around
My plans however are....
Finish the train I started this year.
redo the mega tree with double the strings and some boscoyo strips
finish lining the house outline
a bunch more mini spiral trees
*** repair this years failures*** High priority ***
finish my north pole mk2's
make some more extension cables
I give up, the list is almost endless :-[
If I get that lot done, I will be happy.
1. One software xLights to program lights (no more combining LOR and xLights)
2. Virtual Santa (FPP with USB IR remote dongle to control projector)
3. Pixabulbs on house outline with Pixatrim by Boscoyo Studio.
4. Falcon F4V2-3 Controller with differential receiver boards
For 20171. megatree - 16*50 flat tree + star
2. 2 (maybe 4) matrix columns
3. pixel matrix
Then for 2018
1. pixel outline on gutters or pixel icicles
2. pixel outline on garage and front porch
Then for 2019
Whatever is the new thing
1. Star on top of my 2d tree
2. Replace my 16X25 Matrix with P10's and 2 build another P10's Matrix’
3. Make Fireworks to go on my roof
4. Create Elements to go across the street for 2 of my neighbors
5. Order F16v3’s
6. **** Be Very to the misses as my budget is going to be a bit steep ****
I’m sure there is a lot more but I will start working on the show in February
My wish list for 2017:
1) Definitely - Megatree of bullet nodes. Minimum 180deg, possibly 360.
2) Definitely - Pixel icicles along gutters (width of house)
3) Probably - Pixel update to old Incan wire frames
4) Probably - New sequences and sequencing throughout the year
5) Probably - Donation box and/or welcome/info sign (P10s)
6) Hopefully - Moving heads via DMX
As well as repairs to issues with this year's show such as roof strip joins and singing faces setup.
Take a year off doing a display and head to the northern hemisphere for a white Xmas.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a few hard decisions to make, as we're not sure we will be living at this house next Christmas, so everything has to be free standing.
Pixel Tree - likely 40x16
8 Darlek mini trees
4 poles, 2 with stars, 2 with spinners.
This will max out my p2 - and would take it slightly over if I do full 360 daleks.
I may have to look at a new controller, but if I can get away with using a pi hat for the tree, I may be ok with holding off for another year.
The wifey wants a small matrix for lyrics (if you've seen my True Colors video) my wife linked the music to the lyrics (deafie). Also for more info.
I found the small number of people I spoke to, didn't even realise that the music was with the lights.
I wouldn't mind trying to spend more time outside to talk to people as well.
Work, has also asked if I would do something there next year - and considering they had two people working for two weeks setting up their current dumb lights, I wouldn't mind doing something similar to my display as a starter.
Of course there is Halloween as well.....
Wifey says that I still need to work - so not sure where I will get the time to do everything
Oh yeah, and learn blending and funky stuff in Xlights - this program is bloody fantastic.
Not much on my wishlist.....
To re-acquaint myself with ACL and my lights. I was MIA/off the grid in 2016 due to life stuff. I/we/local community really missed our lights. I need to re-learn everything again, so I'm giving myself the best opportunity by starting today. Sorry for being so rude for the past 12 months, as my last post was in Feb 2016. We moved house again in August 2016, so I have yet another new canvas to work with. Hope we're still here in December!!! I was laid off work on 14 October (great birthday present) and finding it difficult to obtain work, so I need to rectify that to pay for new lights/controllers/consumables to put smiles back on faces.
All will be good in 2017 (ever the optimist!)
I hope writing this list doesn't lock me in to anything. LOL
1. Replace White trees as pixels on 3 out of 4 failed
2. Singing faces x3 Wife Request
3. Spinners/Fireworks x 5 Wife Request
4. Floodlights x6
5. Stobes that I still haven't finished
6. North Pole
My wife and myself have decided that we prefer the bare LED look. Hence:-
7. Replace existing diffused Candy canes
8. Replace diffused arches - just remove cover
9. Replace diffused columns - just remove cover
Doesn't seem like too much.
Good luck with that
we have a few ideas for this year, they include.... a matrix on the roof, replace the lights on my reindeers to pixels, build a carousel and more sequencing
[SIZE=large]2 more smaller mega trees (4m tall)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]Lots more snowflakes [/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]Lots more mini trees[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]Bigger Tune to sign[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]Dont know what to do on the roof yet... have outlines, but there is a lot of blank space there [/SIZE]
1. Replace 5v WS2812B homemade pixicles with 12v pixicle nodes.
2. Replace old 600px megatree with 3200 (20/60) strip megatree (approx 270°).
3. Replace old path arches with....something
4. Put 85 stars all over my upper and lower roofs
Separate names with a comma.