What is the gauge of the wire of these connectors?

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
These are usually 22 guage and good for about 4 to 5 amps ive just used the plugs and made my own extensions using security cable. Ive used these for the past 3 seasons and they have worked great and ive had no issues wth any of these.

I have had reports that the pins can corrode if exposed to the elements but i havent seen that, but it seems Ray night be sourcing these from a different manufacturer. Hopefully others may be able to add to this. But the ones ive been usng for the past 3 seaons has worked perfectly

I would say using high current 5vdc on these will give you too much voltage drop and will only be able to handle 1 metre to 1.5 metre tops of the 60 LED/m strip per extension. If i can remember you are using the 60 LED 2811 strip which has a current rating of 2.88 amps per metre compared to a 12vdc 2811 strip which is 0.6 amps per metre. So with using the 5vdc 60 LED/metre strip then there is a whole heap of new considerations that come into play to manage power, so more sometimes is not always better depending on what your wanting to do.

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
I am using 24 strips that are 30 LED's/meter and was thinking of using these to provide the 5VDC power. However, since there are 4 connectors and I need only two for power, I was going to 'double up' and use 2 wires for EACH the positive and for two wires for the negative. In addition, I also need to power the 'other' end of the strip and was also going to use this same connector in the same fashion using two wires each for both the positive and two wires for the negative.

The other two wires I need for the negative and data going to the P12R, I plan on using the smaller 'white' quick disconnects. I'm going to experiment all this summer with this arrangement. Each strip will only have a maximum of 1-1.5 meters of wire going to the 'box' of electronics which will encase both the P12R's and all the 5VDC power supplies. This 'box' will be in the middle of the megatree. I'll have all summer to test this arrangement. However, I hate to buy things twice but mistakes to happen. Let me know what you think. Thanks Eddy. --Greg--