What setup for year round modules

Cmndrbrain

New elf
Like many people, I am new to controlled lighting. Through many months of reading and research, I have made my decisions and am ready for this coming year. I'm starting off fairly simple. My setup is a few strings of both 12v and 5v pixels connected to a Sansdevices E682 and an E6804. I will be using Xlights, because the extra laptop I have for this endeavor still has Windows Vista and Vixen will not install it. This year, I'm not ready to sync to music. For now, I just want a colorful animated display.
My question involves pixel nodes that are kept up year round. I have a couple strings that are rectangular nodes that I want to keep up year round for a wall wash. I would like to wall wash the house with non-animated colors for other the holidays. Red, white and blue for the 4th of July, pastel colors for Easter, purple and orange for Holloween, etc. I figured on using the E6804 for those nodes. Since it will just static colors, what setup/software would be best for this situation? Do I still need to use Xlights and just set the colors in a sequence that's like 1 hr long and repeat it, possibly using Falcon Pi player? Or, is there a controller that will set the colors and stay?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You can use a Raspberry pi running FPP to play a short sequence with the loop option set. The static sequence can just be 10 seconds or so.

scamper

Dedicated elf
If you are wanting static colours then you could use almost anything and just put it in test mode. If you are using a pi anyway, that would be the easiest as you can connect via the computer set it into test mode of whatever colour you want to test and job done, If you want to change the colours then do as you said with a sequence of colours upload to the pi and run on repeat. A lot of the controlers also have test modes, but I am not too sure on what the sandevices does.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
what david said. Using xLights to write the short animated sequence (default is 30 seconds) to load into the Pi

Cmndrbrain

New elf
That's kind of what I figured. The Sansdevices have a test mode, but they only do the basics. Red, green, blue, white, rgb scroll and a purple/green scroll. I played around with Xlights and could get it to do about a 1.5hr sequence. I figured that it would have a slight blip when repeated. I just didn't know if there was another way. I'll plan on using FPP and the smaller E6804 for year round stuff. Thank you guys.

P.S. David_AVD, love the Futurama reference.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.