1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

What software to use?

Discussion in 'Sequencers & Software Tools' started by Archades, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Archades

Archades New Elf

So I took a hiatus for a while, now looking at what to setup and looks like Lightshow Pro went kaput? What should I try now?
    Can't remember exactly what controllers I had but I am pretty sure it's an Sandevices e682 + DC12V WS2811 LED technicolor pixels.

2. Robbo

Robbo Full Time Elf Generous Elf

I had a hiatus too, started in LOR 2010, then tried lightshow pro, but coming back it seems xlights is the bees knees

3. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Xlights or vixen3.
    xlights seems to have the largest following, but as a user of vixen3 i can vouch for it. The developers have been working tirelessly over the last few years and it has some really good advancements that make it a dream to work with.
    My suggestion, watch some videos of both, download both and have a little play and go with is most comfortable.

kevr likes this.
  4. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    xlights and vixen are both free, so d/l both and have a try. xlights would certainly seem the most popular and as such has a huge support network of video tutorials etc.
    xlights user here for 3 years.

5. Benslights

Benslights Dedicated Elf Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    i have used LOR and LSP in the past but the last 4 years i have used xlights and i will not change now the program is easy to use and the updates are amasing. other advantage is most of use here use xlights so if you have a issue it is easier for us to be able to help