What software to use?

Archades

New elf
So I took a hiatus for a while, now looking at what to setup and looks like Lightshow Pro went kaput? What should I try now?
Can't remember exactly what controllers I had but I am pretty sure it's an Sandevices e682 + DC12V WS2811 LED technicolor pixels.

Robbo

Full time elf
I had a hiatus too, started in LOR 2010, then tried lightshow pro, but coming back it seems xlights is the bees knees

scamper

Dedicated elf
Xlights or vixen3.
xlights seems to have the largest following, but as a user of vixen3 i can vouch for it. The developers have been working tirelessly over the last few years and it has some really good advancements that make it a dream to work with.
My suggestion, watch some videos of both, download both and have a little play and go with is most comfortable.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
xlights and vixen are both free, so d/l both and have a try. xlights would certainly seem the most popular and as such has a huge support network of video tutorials etc.
xlights user here for 3 years.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
i have used LOR and LSP in the past but the last 4 years i have used xlights and i will not change now the program is easy to use and the updates are amasing. other advantage is most of use here use xlights so if you have a issue it is easier for us to be able to help