What's your Pixel Favourite Controller?

Giles1

Giles
Generous elf
I have already ordered a premade E131 Pixel controller in a small weatherproof enclosure, which should be arriving towards the end of the month. I’m just starting off, so I’m really looking forward to both my first order of 12v Pixel Lights and my controller arriving, so I can actually have a play with the gear.

However, I’m also keen on adding a second complete Controller unit in a large weatherproof enclosure as soon as I can, but with this one I want to include the Controller, Power supply and maybe having room to later be able to add a second power supply, as well as an expansion board sometime in the future, if all goes well.

I’ve been checking out what’s available and there just seems to be so many different controllers out there, it’s just making my head spin a bit. So I thought I’d just put it out there and ask “What's your Favourite Pixel Controller”? I do understand that everyone’s different, but I would just appreciate it if you could let me know which Controller you like the most and why.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

LagoonLights

Formerly RedGumRdLights
I'm running Pixlite mk2 long range and happy with it. Does everything and more than I have tried with it. Falcon V3 seems to be the hype atm not sure how much of an improvement over the V2 it is.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
I used Pixlite Long Range for some of my stuff last time and also for some commercial stuff and they have been flawless.
I now have some F4V3 and an F16V2. So far those are pretty good as well but haven't been in the display yet.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Favourite controller might not be the best language to use. It's like trying to pick your favourite child! In the end it will come down to features you need/want and the budget you have.
This table may help sort through all the noise for you - a nice side-by-side comparison of the more popular controllers for this year:

http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/

My 2c: I'm running my show from a couple of J1SYS-P2, and a Falcon F16V2. I have also bought some expansion for the F16 but due to budget constraints for new lights will not be used this year.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
It all depends on the need.
For pixels, at the moment the Falcon series - but I don't count out my San Devices E682s (I have a whole basket full of them) or some of the J1 Sys stuff. For AC, it is the Renard SS16 and SS24s hands down.

Then, there is some of the stuff from Dave Haberle (Dirknerkle) and his band of wayward,,,,,,,, well, what do you call them?

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
I am loving my ESPIXELSTICKs...
I also have E131 bridge/pixel extenders, E682, REN32, LOR16, REN24DC, 24 channel DMX....
The pixelsticks are very cheap and give up to 4 universes. A falcon would be nice for a centralized prop like a megatree but the sticks work great for a prop like 3 singing bulbs (146 pixels X 3).

marmalade

cats & pixels
will second espixelsticks! But the new favourite is the wixel which is smaller and made locally by one of our members here (danv). The future is wifi !