When to start Xmas lights

Habbosrus

Back again
Just wondering when people are planning to start their Xmas light displays? I am planning for Saturday 30 Nov. I thought Saturday night might be a good night to start.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Try for Dec 1 start, but I like a week or so of testing, so I hope to get lights up and running by Nov 25th or so

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
I start late. This was made for the twins so starts on their birthday 11 December.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Dec 1, or 2 or maybe 3.............. How long have we got left? :D
I would rather a nice low key first night just to ensure everything does what its told.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
It will take me the next 2-3weeks to get everything out, wired up and tidied up, then testing with the music on my wireless headphones. Not entirely sure when actual "show on" will be, sometime end of Nov probably. Also depends on neighbour as we go one for one, he has animated while I have musical sequence running then vice versa for the entire show.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
ho crap you guys are slow .. my show will be on ,,,,the 15 novemebre ... by then we migh have 1 ft of snow so i need to be ready for it as it is already 0 celcius and they expect 2-5 cm if snow sunday ... cheer

mborg10

Michael Borg
No snow here, just warm summer nights, singlets and cold beer. You have to worry about shoveling snow, we have to worry about the grass growing too quick.

thevikester

Apprentice elf
November 30th...have open house, and then flip the switch at 8:00 THat is aLOT of stress that it will actually work, I usually go out the night before around midnight and just turn them on for a song, with no volume kicking out the speakers, only on radio...just to make sure its not a total Holy Crap moment at 8 the next night

DanJ

Full time elf
In the US here, so Thanksgiving night (Thursday, 11/28 this year) is my target first night to run the display. I laid out the weeks prior to that to put up lights and various other Christmas display items (nativity scene, cross, etc) with the goal of testing out the display the weekend before Thanksgiving. Hope this helps!!