Will All These Items Work Together with LOR???

TeeDee

New elf
I'm unsure where to post this so I'll start here. I'd like to incorporate a 12 string pixel tree in my display to replace my mega tree. I don't want to pay 3000+ for CCR's so I'm looking for a less expensive way to do this. My question is, will LOR work with WS2801 strings, controlled by a Joshua System ECGP12R, with E1.31 (if LOR delivers soon) or a ELOR. I like the Superstar sequencer so is it possible to use that also. Can't figure out if this will all incorporate or if I'm totally missing something.
Any guidance would be really appreciated, my head is spinning.... :eek:

Tricia

G

GoofyGuy

in short yes.

the 1.31 system are not yet native in LOR but it is coming along. To what capacity we do not know yet. The Sansdevices with the ELOR which I have works great! No issues on my end at all using 5v 2801 strips 680 pixels total on the Elor.

Superstar is coming with an update soon that will let you use pixels as well. Once again to what capacity I do not know but I know they were saying it would be channel based licenses. Although it is already it should be unlocked to any channel type.

If you do not have an advanced license it would still seem the ELOR is the way to make your show happen on the cheap. As well 2801 pixels are soon to be old news at the 2811 is now becoming supported(1/2 price). Im doing rough math but you can do with all needed equipment. You can do a 12 CCR Clone mega tree for less than a grand.

TeeDee

New elf
Thanks for the answer...I have a couple more if you don't mind. I do have an advanced S2 license which I plan on upgrading to S3 soon. Would that make a difference in how I could do this? Do you use Superstar to program your pixels, and if not how do you makethe effects? Also, I keep seeing how cheap the 2811s are but I'm looking at Ray Wu's and I don't see that much price difference. Am I not seeing something?

Thanks again.
Tricia

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
TeeDee said:
Thanks for the answer...I have a couple more if you don't mind. I do have an advanced S2 license which I plan on upgrading to S3 soon. Would that make a difference in how I could do this? Do you use Superstar to program your pixels, and if not how do you makethe effects? Also, I keep seeing how cheap the 2811s are but I'm looking at Ray Wu's and I don't see that much price difference. Am I not seeing something?

Thanks again.
Tricia

here is a few examples for you comparing the 2811 to the 2801 in price

STRIP

5m strip 12 VDC 2801 12 sections per metre 36LEDs/m solid silicone = $66.32

5m strip 12 VDC 2811 10 sections per metre 30LEDs/m silicone tube = $36.00
(yes thats correct, cheapest by far and is a new product from Ray)

MODULES

20 x 12VDC 2801 rectangular modules = $17.50

20 x 12VDC 2811 rectangular modules = $14:00

STRINGS

50 x IP68 Resin Filled 2801 5VDC pixel string = $25.00

50 x IP68 Resin Filled 2811 5VDC pixel string = $18.00

And here is the price list from Ray on the 2811 lighting available

Ray Wus 2811 price list

G

GoofyGuy

TeeDee said:

Thanks again.
Tricia

The advanced license will be needed as you will be using DMX not LOR to do this. I reccomend holding out just a little bit before you start buying hardware or software to see where 1.31 support will go. You would not need advanced license if you have the Elor, if you do not have an ELOR i have a few that might be up for sale shortly. The ELOR has a few advantages over straight 1.31 DMX but thats for John to go over.

zman

Full time elf
S3 will support E1.31 here very soon. LOR released software to the Beta testers today. LOR has stated that E1.31 will be avail mid summer. I suspect it will require the advanced license. I read a thread somewhere, where Superstar would be opened up to work with pixels. It would make sense that it would be via E1.31, but that would need to be validated. There has also been discussion that there is going to be some new networking speeds in S3 to support the refresh rates required.
What is yet to be determined is the flaky behavior LOR exhibits in networks approaching 600 or more channels and how they will manage this issue. I am sure the beta testers will push this aspect (or I hope so at least).
S2 and the ELOR would work, and has been tested already. I agree with GG that waiting a few weeks to see what shakes out of the beta is not a bad way to go to right now. Grab some popcorn and a beverage and keep an eye on the LOR threads beta threads.

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi guys

I have also been looking for a cheaper alterative to the ccr's by LOR
I'm an LOR user with the s3 licence and made a 12 ribbon CCR tree last year.

The 2811 look like a real possiblility, at the prices stated on Ray's.
I just had a qick look on Ray's for and DMX controller that is compatible with the 2811 strip, but l did see anything. Did l miss them or will a 2801 controller work???

jstjohnz

Apprentice elf
jeromej said:
Hi guys

I have also been looking for a cheaper alterative to the ccr's by LOR
I'm an LOR user with the s3 licence and made a 12 ribbon CCR tree last year.

The 2811 look like a real possiblility, at the prices stated on Ray's.
I just had a qick look on Ray's for and DMX controller that is compatible with the 2811 strip, but l did see anything. Did l miss them or will a 2801 controller work???

The 2811 is a 3-wire pixel very similar to the 1804. Most 1804 controllers will work with the 2811.