Windows XP support?

vk3heg

Full time elf
Has Windows XP 32bit support been dropped from xlights? The last version that doesn't produce this error is 2019.56.

"The procedure entry point AqquireSRWLockExlusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Thanks,
Stephen

vk3heg

Full time elf
Yes I know. But it's the last motherboard with a LPT to controll my old light setup that I have, and win10 runs like a piece of turd even when used with a SSD.

franky_888

Full time elf
Has Windows XP 32bit support been dropped from xlights? The last version that doesn't produce this error is 2019.56.

"The procedure entry point AqquireSRWLockExlusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Thanks,
Stephen

Being that Microsoft support for Windows 7 (two OS's after XP) ends early next year I would honestly be surprised if XP was still supported by Xlights (but never say never!)

Have you considered using a USB to Parallel adapter? EG: https://www.jaycar.com.au/usb-to-parallel-bi-directional-cable/p/XC4847

Generally with these devices, after you connect them to a USB port, you can check device manager for which 'COM' port is in use, and then add that to the Xlights. EG:
1574150756224.png

bpratt

Senior elf
Yeah, lot of AR stuff was pretty much restricted to XP, but really a lot of that has had to be updated over the years to at least Win7, and Win10 (I think most jumped past win8 because it was mostly crap).

de vk4blp

keithsw1111

Senior elf
We (xLights) have no interest in ensuring backward compatibility with Windows XP ... we dont deliberately break it but we also dont test it and wont fix it. Maintaining compatibility with old hardware holds everyone back.