Wixel-32 Pre-Order - Group Buy Is Live!

danv

Full time elf
Update time (finally): I have added reverse polarity protection on the supply input and tested the power supply. I have sent version 0.2 to the groupbuy organizers (Seeedstudio). I will provide a link soon. Pricing is going to be approx 75 to 100 I would say at a guesstimate.

danv

Full time elf
I was just notified that this groupbuy is going through final approvals with Seeedstudio.

As soon as it goes live I will post the link here for you all.

danv

Full time elf
Fingers crossed the group buy go's live today guys.
The only requirement to make it happen is that at least 10 units need to be pre-ordered within the 30-day group buy period.

Last edited:

danv

Full time elf
It is for a fully populated board, kicad wouldnt export the 3d models properly when it did a "3d" render.

All you would do is load ESPixelStick firmware (or even wled) and away you go.

danv

Full time elf
I will be creating a firmware load guide shortly for anyone who isnt familiar with ESPixelStick firmware.

darylc

404 darylc not found
what sort of quantity would it take to drive the price down?

danv

Full time elf
Hmm I actually am not 100% certain. Seeedstudio didn't really give me a breakdown of cost in large qty's. I dont have the time at present to do an assembly run as workload has picked up, so I thought I would try out their group buy service.

TRAVISTY

Let's make smoke
Count me out also. Too many dollars for too little. Time to dust of Altium software :)

danv

Full time elf
Yeah OK fair enough. Unsure if I can modify that too much but I can look at it. I guess it comes down to me not having time to do it myself and having an assembly house do it for me.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I really like the idea, though yes the price is a little steep, I'm a bit confused however, you may correct me if I'm very wrong here, but does WLED or ESPixelstick firmware contain SD card support to play a .fseq file? I've never seen it myself, unless it's been disabled due to no SD card being in the devices I've used.