WORKING A 240v AC CONTROLLER WITH A AAHMEGA60 DC CONTROLLER

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I haven't got a dongle handy to try it and as I've been using dmx for a few years I can't go back to the first instance of when LOR detects dmx. You have to have the LOR control panel open and if the comm listener doesn't open up immediately in a new minimised window then you may need to create a quick sequence in sequence editor that contains some dmx channels. select "control output" and then run the sequence. If the comm listener isn't opening then you won't see anything happening on the board/s.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
OK, so I opened control panel here is what it said.

commlistener.JPG

The comm listener opened up.

and NOW THE DATA light is ON!!!!!

But still no lights.

Does this mean I've programmed the sequence incorrectly?

AAH

The blinking light on the mega60 means that the comm listener is pumping out data which is a fair portion of your battle sorted. The next thing to check is that the "control lights" option is ticked in the sequence editor. If it is ticked then you just need to make sure all your channels are in the dmx universe 1 channels 1-196 range. If the "control lights" isn't ticked or won't stay ticked then in the network setup or in the sequence you have LOR channels or a LOR network.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
I also realised there are 10 dip swithces, but only 9 0's and 1's to set the start channel.

I have set it to what I thought was 17, but now Im wondering...

If there are 10 switches, which one do start from?

this is how Ive set them.

switch 10 was already on, so I left it as on.

Then starting from switch 1, i did it in the sequence in the manual.

so with ten switches it actually looks like this:

BUT should I start at switch 2 maybe?

heres a pic

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Yes the control lights is ticked and when I had a 240v string here yesterday the 240v were working fine.

I dont have them here now, and have not had the chance to test the first 16ch 240v since we changed it over to DMX though.

AAH

That bottom pic (I didn't look at the top 1) shows a start address of 35 (32+2+1). You want a start address of 17 (16 + 1).

coopz05

Apprentice elf
WOW WOW WOW WELL GUESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I CHANGED MY SEQUENCE TO START AT CH35!!!!

BLINKY BLINKY!!!!

Now, I thought I set it to 17

Can you please give me the 0's and 1's for all 10 switches?

with the 9 pin combo, do I skip the first switch or the last switch?

kane

Dedicated elf
InTheSpirit said:
Can you please give me the 0's and 1's for all 10 switches?

with the 9 pin combo, do I skip the first switch or the last switch?

The numbers are next to the dip switch (silk-screened on the board) So starting from the bottom, 1,2,4,8 etc - you just need to ensure the numbers add up to the start channel you want.

(ignore the 1,2,3,4...10 printed on the actual dipswitch)

AAH

The second last page (I think) of the manual has the full range of dmx start addresses listed in a big table. The numbers below the dipswitches basically just get added up to get the start address. I like using the table rather than relying on mental arithmetic.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Cozbert, can you explain how to do that?

Im worried about hitting auto configure in the hardware manager in case it changes the manual dmx settings I did earlier in the Network configuration

AAH

The last switch turns on and off the test mode which runs a series of chases through the board/lights