Would anybody be interested in a music manipulation presentation??

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well, I have watched a number of presentations that have been conducted by members of the forum, and being that I am not the smartest person when it comes to blinky blink, what I can offer is some basic teaching on ways and means to manipulate music and songs to fit your needs for your display.

Whether that is mixing in 2 songs, or trimming down a 5 minute song to 3 minutes or whatever your desire might be.

Before I go forth and write a presentation for a live tutorial, i thought I would ask the forum if this would help many people.

Im quite happy to continue to do the music manipulations for people, but sometimes, people just need to be shown how to do some basic things and then go on to make their best efforts.

I dare say the presentation would go for about 30 mins to 1 hour, and the only time I have available to run this would be mid afternoon this Friday.

Software covered would be, Audacity, Possibly Mixmeister and VirtualDJ

Would anyone be interested?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
well good news Dave, since bigbluebutton really doesnt play too well with streaming audio from live software, I am now looking at making one or two smaller video / desktop recorded videos on this topic instead.

Then you can watch it at you please. I will look at running a Q&A session to help people out in a group enviroment

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Matt said:
I am now looking at making one or two smaller video / desktop recorded videos on this topic instead.

That would be awesome, I have a few young kids, so the only spare time I have is when they are asleep. Being able to watch anytime would be fantastic for me :)

angus40

Senior elf
This sounds great Matt. I would be interested in this also.

Cheers

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok, since running a presentation live will not have the audio quality needed to understand the minor points that i will be talking about,

Tomorrow, and possibly Friday, I will record a tutorial from my desktop and post a link to it up here.

First tutorial will be getting to know about basic music files and the use of Audacity to manipulate.

Future tutorials will incorporate other software, like mentioned above, Virtual DJ, Mixmeister Pro and perhaps some others.

If you want to get ready for it, download Audacity here. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

current version is 2.0.2