WS2801 pixel strips -

kane

Dedicated elf
Just got a note back from Ray regarding the pixel strips which I plan on using for my leaping arches

"very sorry to reply you late.

i checked the factory, they said they do not want to make this 2801 dream strip not, they said it also has many quality problem, so they do not want to make it, sorry, please understand that. "

Anyone got any suggestions on what to use instead? Worth looking at other suppliers over there?

dmoore

Senior elf
kanebullen said:
Just got a note back from Ray regarding the pixel strips which I plan on using for my leaping arches

Do you have a link for the item to Ray's site? I may have an alternative for some of it.

kane

Dedicated elf

dmoore

Senior elf
kanebullen said:
Anyone have experience dealing with other suppliers for this gear though?

He has said that he can still get TM1809 based strip though - but I'm guessing these won't be as bright?

I'd do what I've done for the last year - just order and see what you get. Then report back here what you find.

kane

Dedicated elf
dmoore said:
kanebullen said:
Anyone have experience dealing with other suppliers for this gear though?

He has said that he can still get TM1809 based strip though - but I'm guessing these won't be as bright?

I'd do what I've done for the last year - just order and see what you get. Then report back here what you find.

haha.. the suck it and see approach.

Don't want to be stuck with too much crap that isn't going to get used, but I'll certainly get some bits and pieces to check out

dmoore

Senior elf
kanebullen said:
haha.. the suck it and see approach.

Don't want to be stuck with too much crap that isn't going to get used, but I'll certainly get some bits and pieces to check out

Plenty of others have done just that. Someone has to be the first.