Xlights around Australia 2023

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
The best *Australian* Christmas song is probably White Wine in the Sun by Tim Minchin. But I’m not sure it would sequence well.

King Stingray have an alright cover of “run Rudolph run”, but I don’t love it.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I'm up for editing the compilation video again.
I'm going to trial ways to get the encoding right... last year I had issues with some videos appearing to be faster, even though they were the same framerate.

Zuseleets

Full time elf
I am happy to sequence the song again this year, or if others want to help with sequencing. I am happy to use my layout and we all pick model groups to sequence???

Some songs that come to mind;

Home Among The Gumtrees - John Williamson (Jess Bloch remix)
Sounds of Then (This is Australia) - GangGajang
Straya - Coachbombaymusic
Treaty - Yothu Yindi
In The Summertime - Shaggy
Buy Me A Pony - Spider bait
Around The World - Daft Punk
Feeling Hot Hot Hot ( World Carnival Mix)
Rip Rip WoodChip - John Williamson - Heyyyyy @Troy ELD

Iain

Full time elf
Treaty might be nicely relevant to the current national discussion. Buy Me A Pony and Around The World are a couple of my old favourites.

I was wondering about (the late) Tony Bennet songs, but I don't really like that music much. I wonder if someone's done an electronic version of his?

And lastly something to do with the big tours from the year - Harry Styles, Taylor Swift (neither are my choice of music but my daughter loves em), Coldplay (they do lots of anthem sounding songs)...

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
It sounded like Ozzy Ozzy Christmas to me. I was waiting for Mr Osborne to make a ghostly appearance. What did you think she was singing? o_O

Upbeat song. I could dance to that. I give it a 85 Dick.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
Please forgive these old, overused ears - but I could swear she was saying, "An Ugly Ugly Christmas." I know this isn't right, but I listened to it 3 times. (Once with headphones on.) It has to be the accent.

Now in my defense, I've got to the point over the years that I CAN understand Keith when he comes this way. :)