Xlights around Australia? (2026)

Seems some interest. Need to come up with a song and sequence. I’m not the best sequencer but could see what we could do. Any idea of songs? There is something like the AI song Alan mentioned. Or an Australian song like thunderstruck or something Australian Christmas. Not sure if someone has one sequenced they think would be good they would be happy to donate, or we could see if a sequencer was happy to donate and give people the option to donate back to them? I’d be happy to donate for a reasonable sequence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AAH
There are some great Aussie classics like "Great Southern Land", "It's a Long Way to the Top", "Down Under", "You're the Voice", "I Still Call Australia Home"
If we put out an Expressions of interest I am sure we will generate interest
 
Afternoon all,

My son and I were chatting today about Xlights around Australia (and NZ if interest). Wonder if anyone is interested in doing it this year? I know it happened a couple of years ago. Happy to help coordinate it and potentially edit the video. Would need to look at a sequence to do but thought I’d put it out there first to see if there is some interest.

Lindsay
Yeah, I'm up for it , Let me know
 
I have an AI generated Aussie Christmas song that I'm doing this year. It's still being tweaked. I'll probably put the song up on xlights sequences a bit later in the year. If there was interest for doing it for and Xlights Around Australia (and New Zealand) I could add some house borders and windows and remove some of the stuff that only exists in my display.

View: https://youtu.be/8PTTS68V938

Turkey and mile aren't Australia
 
There are some great Aussie classics like "Great Southern Land", "It's a Long Way to the Top", "Down Under", "You're the Voice", "I Still Call Australia Home"
If we put out an Expressions of interest I am sure we will generate interest
Turkey and mile might not be Australian as such but turkey is definitely eaten in Aus at Christmas and miles are still used decades after metric came in. It's a Long Way to the Top was by Scottish born singers who gained popularity in Australia and You're the Voice is by English born John Farnham who became naturalised on the day he became Australian of the year. Australia is highly multicultural and despite there barely being any snow in Australia and none at Christmas we are all using snowflakes, reindeer and many northern hemisphere elements in our Christmas displays. IMHO if a song is being done for a Xlights are ....... then it should really be a Chrissy song. There's very few Aussie Christmas songs and even fewer by Aussie bands. The Wiggles, Bucko and Champs, Hi-5m Sia, Human Nature and Kevin Wilson and probably some more do Christmas songs but they mostly are northern hemisphere centric songs.
I'm a bit particular about the music for Chrissy displays and I'll go for a Christmas tune over pop every time.
 
Back
Top