XLights computer replacement

turbodad

New elf
Hello,
First time to post, so if I do something wrong, dont yell at me.

I have been using xlights for a few years now and I run it from an old hp laptop.
I have recently got a faster laptop and want to replace the older one.
I installed the most recent xlights program on old system and it works fine. I then installed on the faster laptop and I can not get light to turn on.
My setup for testing is an NodeMCU 12E (ESPixelstick running version 3.2) This is the only controller in the show for testing.
Both system are using the same network, cables and controller. The only difference is the IP address of the computers. one is set to 192.168.100.5 and the other is set to 192.168.100.153. I do not have both systems running at the same time.
So long question short... Is there some setup that I need to do on new laptop verses the old laptop? It has been 3+ years since the first setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Turbodad

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Can you access the controller through your browser on the new laptop, or ping it? It seems like the first step is to determine if this is an xLights problem or a computer/networking problem.

turbodad

New elf
Yes I can ping it. I can also access the home web page and see the menus. The main page shows the status and displays the packet received. On old computer it is counting away. New computer it says zero packets.
1663281801549.png