Answered xLights face definitions bug

unnefer

New elf
Hi.
There seems to be a bug in face definitions when using a large number of nodes in the model. I have added a custom snowman layout and defined all the nodes in the model data, but when I then use face definitions to set the nodes for each of the mouth shapes, my node number in face definitions doesn't match the actual model data node numbering.

All help appreciated, as I cannot seem to work out why this is happening and how to fix it.

I've already removed and readded the snowman model data twice and deleted the face definitions and started them again 3 times, but still the face definition numbering doesn't match. I've even tried different versions of xLights and that didn't make any difference either. So currently using the most recent version.

Pic below shows the bug I am experiencing:
full

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At at initial guess you may have a similar issue that I had last year when I did a face for @Josh87 .
I "think" there's a number I missed between 1 and 237 so that when you are on the face definition page looking at the mouth-ai or any of the shapes that include 237 there's a random pixel coming on in the wrong spot which is labelled in the model data as 238 but the definition page shows it as 237. I spoke to @keithsw1111 last year about how to check for missed channels when I couldn't find where I'd missed the number. The old face def is attached to see the problem.

Attachments

• Face.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3

unnefer

New elf
Well the problem has been sorted by the nice people giving their free time on Zoom :)
If anyone has this same problem, it is due to incorrect numbering of nodes in the model data. I missed a couple of node numbers.