Xlights Layer Control

mikey

New elf
Hey all!

I want to know is there a way to disable and enable specific layers in xlights. for use while programming. maybe a layer only preview?

Lets say I have 6 layers on a prop, with 6 different effect all applied. I looks fine, but I want to adjust a single effect. Is there a way to only view that single effect?

I know some people have said to add a layer below and add a black effect, but this does not seem like the fastest or best way to do this.

Think of it like a basic function in audio editing software, you can "SOLO" or "MUTE" a track. Or in the Lighting word we can "Highlight" or "Solo" lights on consoles to see what we are doing.

I am hoping its just something I am missing and its been there all along, because its honestly becoming very frustrating haha

Thanks!

LA0

New elf
If you right click the effects you want to disable, there are enable and disable render options. You will have to re-render, but after doing that those selected effects should be "disabled".

That's about the best you can currently do for what you're asking, I think. You will also have to remember to re-enable them when finished.