xlights/nutcracker 3.1.4 released. Custom Models

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Version 3.1.4 is released

Because the custom models might be difficult to understand, i have made a vimeo video to explain this release.

https://vimeo.com/73813212

3.1.4: Sep 03,2013 - Enhancement: (Matt). Custom Model now uses pixel count 1..n. Models can be put on preview. For example, you can
define a candy cane out of rgb pixels and then place candy cane in the preview window. Very Nice!
- Enhancement: (Matt) You can now copy models.
- Enhancement: (Matt) You can now rotate single strand models in the preview window.
- Enhancement: (Matt) There is a Sequence open button on the Preview tab. If you use this to open a sequence there is
an option to set the "Part of my Display" check-boxes to match the models that just got opened.

Thanks again to Matt Brown (Mr xLights) for all of the content of this release.

sean,matt,frank

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Many thanks to all involved.

Sean, I am trying to create my spiral tree in NC at the moment.

Its a 10m length of TM1812 strip. Total of 320 individ addressable led's.

I put in Tree360, 1 string, Start chan 5701 which is what it is in NC setup. Max # of nodes per string I can put is 300 by the looks. Even with it at 300 though no effect is showing.

Any ideas?

Edit: Just realised I dont want Tree360 as its one long strip that I have spiraled around a tomato planter....will try single line instead :)

Travis

New elf
Sean,
xLights/Nutcracker is crashing on me with the new release.
everything works but when I select my single strand vertical model and play an effect, the software crashes.
I have attached a screen shot of my model the is making nutcracker crash on me.

JonB256

Full time elf
Travis, your picture shows a Custom Model used for a straight line.

You can (and probably should) use the Single Line model. You can rotate a Single Line model in the Preview window from Vertical up to Vertical down. (180 degrees)

But, if you want to use Custom, then you will need to put numbers in that grid on the right. It is blank. Fill it in like a spreadsheet from Top to Bottom or Bottom to Top. Your model is 50 pixels. You can't rotate a custom model in Preview.

Travis

New elf
Jon
thank you, I got it figured out.
Some how during the install of the latest release the setting got changed and I did not see it at first.