xLights/Nutcracker: Release BETA 3.0.24

smeighan

Dedicated elf
BETA 3.0.24 released. http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/

With this release I am implementing a new process. I need some people to test the new release before it hhas been fully tested. If you see a BETA release you will know
1) it works
2) There could be bugs
3) some effects may be the process of being developed.

After the in process development is complete, i will release a Non-BETA version.

So what is in BETA version 24?

BETA 3.0.24: Jul 30,2013 -
Enhancement: (sean) Started development of Piano Keyboard. This is not complete. Will eventually use an input file from Audacity that will identify the polyphonic notes in a song.
Enhancement: (matt) Many changes to text. Ghosting is now fixed. You no longer have to use the temporary fix of using "1 is unmask, 2 is color wash". Text now has 45 degrees rotation. Countdown timer can show seconds counting down or it can show "xx d yy h zz m aa s" display. countdown text is now centered correctly.
Enhacement: (frankr) New effect for cirles (under development).
Bug: (sean) fixed crash when creating random effects. The new effect classes (piano,circles) were causing problem. fixed

The only reason , right now, to try version 24 is if you want to try text and see how it is working. I'll let you know when Piano Keyboard and Circles is released.

thanks
sean