xLights online class - Friday night June 10 2016 at 8pm eastern standard time

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Re: online xlights class this friday nightthe 10th of june 8pm eastern standard time

Binny said:
Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to help us.

I have two areas I would love to know more about.

1. Setting up various controllers, with correct Universe according to lights. At the moment I have a separate Universe appointed to each element. I am wasting a lot of available space.

2. How to add a video in sync to a sequence.

Thanks.

Binny.

+1
and some more of converting LOR, LSP, Vixen to xLights

keithsw1111

Senior elf
To set expectations. Like many of you there are parts of xlights I know well and others I don't. Unfortunately converting from lor etc is one I don't know. I can however demo how to import from xlights so things like Logan's Star Wars or lilias sequences.

I am thinking of running this as a bit of a program spread over say 4-6 weeks.

I will start this week with the layout tab. We will go through from first install loading your background image, defining your models, creating custom models. We will go through all the model types and their configuration.

If we get time we can touch on controllers.

Red

l kill you
that would b good keith, even though l hav connect the falcon to xlights, and got lights workin, lam having alot of trouble, with the channel selections and control, form the xlights to falcon,

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Ben / Keith
any chance of posting a quick user guide for hosting meetings for next time

mellowcouple

Full time elf
here is my Christmas Creations singing tree model for xlights.

Attachments

• Singing Tree 1.xmodel
    2 KB · Views: 14

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
thanks for doing this Keith i just cant get xlights to play the games i need so i will be sticking to vixen its not the program it's must be something i am doing so i will just not use it Sorry Fing it aint happenin

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Liz. Not hear to convert you. Vixen is a fine sequencer. I'm just here to help people who are interested understand how to use xlights.

livetoride

Full time elf
Anyone manage to record the session? I joined shortly before bed and thought it was a bit deep in just to pick it up from where you guys were!