Xlights Output Error

CDI.083

New elf
Hi All,
So first year, first time. Got a Pixlite 16mk2 P&P and lights so far with a falcon F16v3 on it's way as well. Created a sequence and when I got to Upload out put I get "Ädvatek Output Upload Failed. Unable to connect" Nothing fancy just me stuffing around learning XLights

I'm sure it's something simple but beyond me at the moment. I've googled searched & read everything I can. I have a green IP light, my IP matches obviously. I do think it's to do with my Advanced control settings in the advatek assistant. But I can't see what. Everything here talks about channel ends etc. I have it set as 150 pixels on the string, so 450 channels.

Please help a newb :) ?

Attachments

• Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 26

CDI.083

New elf
Thanks mate. Appreciate your assistance

Attachments

• Xlights.JPG
    Xlights.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 23

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I wouldn't worry too much about the Upload Output not working. If you have set your Pixlite settings correctly in it's own assistant / web page then you don't need to use the Upload Output. The Upload Output basically just copies whatever you set up on the Controllers tab in xlights into your controller, but you can do that manually if you want to.

By the looks of it you have it set sufficiently to work, just make a basic sequence and then use Output To Lights to test it; or use the Test function under Tools menu in xLights to test.

CDI.083

New elf
I wouldn't worry too much about the Upload Output not working. If you have set your Pixlite settings correctly in it's own assistant / web page then you don't need to use the Upload Output. The Upload Output basically just copies whatever you set up on the Controllers tab in xlights into your controller, but you can do that manually if you want to.

By the looks of it you have it set sufficiently to work, just make a basic sequence and then use Output To Lights to test it; or use the Test function under Tools menu in xLights to test.
Nothing works :(

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Edit: Sorry. My original reply was a little vague. My lack of caffeine this morning is obvious. The status of your led on your controller can give you a clue. I have attached a screen shot below which may or may not help you. I also have the exact same controller and have had every issue that could go wrong, from blown fuses to being on the wrong network, etc. That last sentence could either make you run in the other direction from me, or give you some kind of comfort.
B9D02FBB-5664-494B-BC21-C93A8014CBC8.jpeg

Last edited:

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Are your IP addresses correct? Are your PC and Controller on the same 192.168.x.x range? It's just that commonally the 192.168.x.x range is 192.168.1.x so 192.168.50.x is unusual (but not necessarily wrong if your router is 192.168.50.x )
I see in your first post the Advatek Assistant has Select Adapter 192.168.50.21 but your controller is set to 192.168.50.23 ? Not familiar with Advatek but that looks odd to me

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
As suggested in Chat, have you run a test from the adavatek controller itself? To check power, connections and LEDs are working OK?

CDI.083

New elf
I went back to the Advatek SK6813 led strip I bought with the controller to learn with. Got it outputting and working fine. But the moment I change the assistant back to WS2811 & swap light strings over I'm getting nothing. Seems the strings are the issue at this stage.

SK6813 5m string is $129.95..... Definitely have to get my cheaper leds working

CDI.083

New elf
There would be a place in the Advatek Assistance to change the string type from SK6813 to WS2811
Doesn't work but when I do it. The advatek outputs are 4 pin. My WS2811 are 3 pin so I've cut the connectors and wired it myself. Doesn't like that :)

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Ok, do your ws2811 currently have pigtails fitted?

If so I would suggest to purchase some 3 pin female pigtails to suit

Troy at Extreme Lighting Displays
Alan At Hanson Electronics
Etop-Led
PaullysXmas Lightitleds-xmas

may have some locally you can purchase

other option for testing purchases would be connect the string to the controller directly via the 4 pin green plug. Make sure u get the 12v, Data, -ve connections correct.

Last edited:

CDI.083

New elf
Ok, do your ws2811 currently have pigtails fitted?

If so I would suggest to purchase some 3 pin female pigtails to suit

Troy at Extreme Lighting Displays
Alan At Hanson Electronics
Etop-Led
PaullysXmas Lightitleds-xmas

may have some locally you can purchase

other option for testing purchases would be connect the string to the controller directly via the 4 pin green plug. Make sure u get the 12v, Data, -ve connections correct.
So as you know advatek are 4 pin. I purchased their connector wires which I'll solder to later on. For now it's crude. I used their manual to determine which wire was which and had it working in the test mode on the advatek assistant, just not in xlights.

How do I connect 3 pin pigtails to the advatek system?