xlights sequence loading issue

David_K

Full time elf
Hi everyone,

I am having problems loading my sequences into xlights.. it doesn't matter which sequences I choose to load I get the following error screen.
I have triend FSEQ files and the back up files too...
See attached pics, the layout tab loads fine.

Attachments

• hlp1.jpg
    hlp1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 38
  • hlp2.jpg
    hlp2.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 32
  • hlp3.jpg
    hlp3.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 30

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Looks like you may be trying to open the sequence on a different layout, ie thats why the Sequence Element Mismatch error is appearing. Or you have renamed the props from previously used

Just check the correct show directory is selected in the controllers tab

David_K

Full time elf
Thank for your replies
the sequences are from last years show and were working fine, no changes have been made at all.
I have tried XML files see attached images and this is the screenshot, as soon as I delete or cancel the changes to Element Mismatch error (which are all in the layout) all the sequencing disappears and leaves only a few lines... Im using the latest verion of xlights

Thank Julie

Attachments

• hlp4.jpg
    hlp4.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 15
  • hlp5.jpg
    hlp5.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 13

LeighH

New elf
Are you certain your show directory is exactly the same as before update? Points to the same spot?
Also when I save a sequence in the current version it now saves as a .xsq file

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
When you open xlights does your layout still have all the models / groups from last year?

don’t open any sequence just check out ur layout tab.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day David/Julie,
I don't see any groups in your layout list. Have you tried re-creating the group "Everything" as per the model mismatch error screenshot you included and then try to import again?
Cheers Bazzy

Jorge Bolivar

Full time elf
Hi, @David_K

I do watch this video from LDL.
View: https://youtu.be/zDVMYd-K2XM
helps a lot but some of the shared sequences are stubborn so I did find this other way that I'm pretty most sure it is incorrect but it works for me.
1- Save the shared .xml and MP3 files on the imported folder on your show directory folder.
2- Be sure you are in your layout, not the imported file layout.
3- Start a new sequence (Musical or Animation).
4- Once in the Sequencer tab import the shared effects.
5- By now you will have been guided to the Mapping window. Follow what LDL show in his video. And do not forget to save the new mapping.
6- Adjust the Sequence duration time, most likely the new sequence will have the default duration time.
6- Do not forget to render and save as changing the sequence name. Using the same name even when in a different folder seems to give other problems when the sequence its played from the Scheduler (xLights or FPP)

Let us know how else we can help.

20201019 - Edit - JBA - Replace word, export with import.

Last edited:
This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.