Xschedule Timecode/Audio Output

mikey

New elf
Hi All,

This year i would like to use timecode with Xschedule to output to a Lighting Console to control some DMX moving heads.

I have managed to get Midi timcode talking to my console with no issues, however i would like to define a set start point for each track within my playlist. So far i have not been able to figure a way for this to work, as the timecode is relative to the start of my playlist. In theory this would work, however it would limit my ability to change my playlist around from night to night.

Just wondering if anybody has made this work?

An alternative to this is to use LTC, In order to do this i would need to be able to define a seperate audio output device for each audio track. Eg, Output device 1 being the L+R of my main sequence audio track, and output device 2 being the LTC track.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Timecode is always expressed from the beginning of the playlist. I could optionally make it song specific but then how would you know which minute you are at unless you then had the ability to turn on/off timecode ... which again I guess I could make happen. It does seem like an odd use case though ... you want different schedules on xSchedule but one on your console.

mikey

New elf
Generally in the entertainment industry when you program a show on a lighting console, each song/track would start at a seperate "hour" marker

Eg

Track 1 - Candy Cane Lane - Timecode start 01:00:00:00
Track 2 - All I want For Chrismtas - Timecode start 02:00:00:00

Or i can use LTC and i will embed my own timecode in the audio track, will just need the option to output a 2nd audio file via 2nd audio output device.

Failing all the above i can run a LTC track in my left channel and a mono "music" track in my right channel. which is not the end of the world as i generally only run a single speaker in the yard, just would prefer stereo for my FM transmitter

Hopefully that makes sense

keithsw1111

Senior elf
So you would like the option to instead of using time from the beginning to instead use the hour to represent the song and the mins/secs to represent position within the song ... would that really work?