Yep another P10 question

richardd

Full time elf
Hi,

I'm in the process of working on my new matrix and want to know how many P10's I should get so I have a good quality video in my show?

Cheers
Richard

Phrog30

New elf
I have 77 panels in my matrix and the video is not good quality, it's viewable. What do you consider good quality? Just do the math, each panel is 32x16. The further away you are the better it will look.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Boof63

Senior elf
i run 4 x 3 in landscape mode. hangs from my eaves so (1.5 m off the ground).
Road is 12 metres away and upto 20-25 metres is viewable,
As Phrog30 said farther away the better it looks.
Consider P5/P6 instead if you want higher resolution.
Be aware of what you will use to drive them though and what scan they need to be to be driven.
P10 works fine - used Frozen and it works fine using XL4 .
Cheers
Boof63

richardd

Full time elf
My P10 project is not going well, I need some serious help! Anyone have time to assist me we can meet on zoom.

richardd

Full time elf
Hi All
Thanks to David I now have lights on my P10. Thanks again David
I have a new problem. Last year I bought some P10s and this makes up my top row of panels and they are RGB. Problem is the rest of my panels are RBG. How to I get them to show all same so it show all green or all blue.

Boof63

Senior elf
HI had the same trouble with my whole display last year.
Jnealand on Xl4 forum came up with this answer for me and it worked
"I spent a couple of hours fixing my colors. With 5 controllers I created 3 sequences - allred, allgreen, allblue. Then I ran the sequences and noted the color orders. Then went to each controller, made changes, reran the sequences until the lights for that controller were correct, went to the next controller and did the same thing. Changing an F16v2 is great because you can change the color order even while a sequence is running. But with other controllers, I had to disconnect from the network, direct cable to them, change the color order, then cable back to run mode and rerun the sequences. I work with one controller at a time until it is right or inevitably I start getting controllers confused in my eagerness to get things done. Even after doing this for 8 years I still end up with new lights or a controller and have to do this every year. I keep everything in xlights as RGB and modify controllers just for consistency. Just my preference you can do it however you like."

I found it easier to change the colours in XL4, goto layout tab -select your p10 model, scroll down to string properties and select your colour choice , ie RGB or RBG ....etc
so you can do it two ways , at the controller level or Xl4 level
This helped get all my elements showing the same colour at the same time
Hope this helps ,cheers Boof63
PS link to original topic http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=3889.msg24070#msg24070