1/4 jack strobe control

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
Hey guys..

So I have some old strobes at home, the traditional stage lighting type. They have a 1/4 inch jack for control in and out. Is there any way and if so, how would I be able to control these in my show? I can include a photo later if it'll help

BoonDogs

Can't dim or control speed... I thought someone may have seen something out there

BoonDogs

Wanted to be able to do it in xLights.. Doesn't look like I can. Oh well

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I'm wondering if the line in is the trigger and the line out allows for daisy chaining.

Unfortunately a quick search of the internet for this model didn't bring up anything

BoonDogs

Was thinking I could just tap into the speed variable controller that is already built it. I tested it today and I found that when you turned it up higher the voltage increased (to 60vdc). If i can find a way to switch that through a controller then I can just adjust the voltage to control the speed and hook a relay up to it for 240vac power so it doesn't have to stay switched on the entire time.

i13

Dedicated elf
I thought Light-O-Rama had a DC controller that could handle up to 60V. I don't fully understand the setup you're describing but the problem is that none of the DC controllers adjust the output voltage. If you have it dimming 60V then it is actually flashing 60V really fast for a lower total light output. The flashing is too fast to see without connecting LEDs and waving them around. In my opinion another problem with Light-O-Rama is their pricing.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
easyest way..
open up the strobe an check what section of the controller board is connected to the jack..
i remember some just needed to short the jack (eg switch) ,
others needed a trigger pulse.
an some jacks were for sound input..

so it realy depends on how its connected inside.
the wrong connection could easy do damage to the unit