1000 12mm Pixels for US$261 - free shipping = 26c/pixel

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
David_AVD said:
Not sure where the USD $0.62 came from ?

Ray Wu has them for $273.43 incl shipping to Australia or NZ.
I must be looking in the wrong place as all his I see on his site are expensive due to shipping to NZ. $11 for a string plus $16 to ship.
Would love to see what you are talking about David, if you have a link, as my order has not gone through yet.

i13

Dedicated elf
It can be cheaper to email Ray for a quote as he'll work out the best shipping deal.

I think the 62c was probably a typo and supposed to be 26c. That's what the topic title says.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
i13 said:
It can be cheaper to email Ray for a quote as he'll work out the best shipping deal.

I think the 62c was probably a typo and supposed to be 26c. That's what the topic title says.

No not a typo... It costs up to US$16/string of 50 to ship to NZ as calculated on Rays site. That brings the shipping cost to 32c/ pixel. Add the pixel cost at 20c - 30c then you are up to 62c to get a string to NZ again off his web site and no special quotes.
So if someone checks his sight out against other, with-out quoting special rates, then he is expensive.
Many sites offer free shipping AND cheaper lights without special quotes.
I have chatted with Ray directly and see what his offer is for 2000.

battle79

Full time elf
If you order from the site then yes shipping is insane.

Email Ray and he will consolidate the freight based on the whole order. Usually only costs $100-$150 for freight, out of my $1000 dollar order limit (Self imposed due to import duties).

Regards,

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
nzlongfellow said:
i13 said:

No not a typo... It costs up to US$16/string of 50 to ship to NZ as calculated on Rays site. That brings the shipping cost to 32c/ pixel. Add the pixel cost at 20c - 30c then you are up to 62c to get a string to NZ again off his web site and no special quotes.
So if someone checks his sight out against other, with-out quoting special rates, then he is expensive.
Many sites offer free shipping AND cheaper lights without special quotes.
I have chatted with Ray directly and see what his offer is for 2000.
yes but look at the freight when you buy 20 strings its not $320 freight the freight gets cheaper the more you buyhttp://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/50pcs-DC5V-12mm-WS2811-led-smart-pixel-node-with-all-color-wire-20AWG-IP68-rated/701799_1932874154.htmland also if you do email him he works out a breeter rate due to the fact of when he sells through Aliexpress he has to pay a fee same as selling on ebay

i13

Dedicated elf
For a single string the total price is around US $11+16=$27
This is 50 pixels so 27/50 is 54c per pixel? The shipping per pixel is less with larger quantities but yes it is expensive for small quantities. I have never ordered that many pixels so can't compare it to the price you've found.

Regardless of the price, 2000 pixels sounds very exciting! Thanks for sharing the link too.

fmt1962

New elf
I just bought 1550 pixels from Ray, plus 12 x 5m 30 pixel/m strips.... the total freight was $105, so it works out.....

31 x 50 pixels and 12 strips..... 43 items... @ $105/43 = $2.44 per item freight, a big discount off the list postage.

$10 per pixel string + $2.44, around 25c/pixel, not bad.

sfleck

New elf
Nice find.
Tell me, are there C9 caps available for these type of pixels?

Also, i am thinking these are perfect (strings) for the roof line, but i see so many people switching to LED strips instead. I suppose i should ask in a different thread but is there any big advantage over one or the other ... strings vs. strips?

thanks for the link!

Gilrock

Full time elf
I've ordered from Ray's site all the time without talking to him and it automatically consolidates the shipping costs. Just try adding 5 strings to the cart and you'll see the price is not 5x the original shipping cost of 1 string. I think everyone got this idea they needed to talk to him to get better shipping prices but I think it's the same discount you get if you add that quantity to the store without talking to him. I've bought orders of about 800 pixels, then 1350, and now 5500. The only time I chatted with Ray was when I wanted a custom length. I was quoted pretty much the same price per pixel as if I had ordered normal length strings without speaking to him.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am loving all this cost cutting and stuff, but at the end we are bent over by the exchange rate at the moment!
I was cringing when we were at 87c and decided to hold off until the dollar strengthened.
Imagine how I am feeling now :'(

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Interesting comments and discussions.
I just added 40 strings to Ray's site and yes everyone is correct the freight calculates down the more you add.
So I can buy 1000 from Ray for $273 = 27.3c each and 2000 are down to 26.3c ($525.14 total) the same as my original site was offering 1000 for.

PS. Ray has just quoted me $525.00 delivered so a saving is 14c total off what just ordering 40 strings on his site gave.