AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is released for download for all registered site members.

This manual provides guidence to the introduction and setup of different types of
computer controlled Christmas displays that many of the members here have used. It is by no means a complete list of different parts and systems available but instead those that are commonly used by AusChristmasLighting members.

It is highly recommended that if you are new to the hobby or certain parts of the
hobby that you download this informative manual.

Conditions of this download is that it will not be distributed anywhere else but from within this forum thread as all updates will be posted through here. Links to this location or the 101 wiki page are acceptable:

Current Revision: Third Edition - 18/04/2018

Note: You need to be registered and logged in to be able to download this file

Information and comments regarding this manual can be posted at :
https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/101-manual-feedback.81/

The subject matter discussed within this manual is listed as below:

Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

The AusChristmasLighting team hope that this manual helps you get started towards a magical computer controlled Christmas display and involvement within a community of friendly and helpful members. we hope to see you soon :)

Attachments

• AusChristmasLighting 101 (Third Edition) Release.pdf
    10.8 MB · Views: 29,922
Last edited by a moderator:

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual - Updated release now for download

The AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual revision 1 is now released for download

The name and front cover have been changed in this revision and the manual is now not called the dummies manual but instead the 101 manual. The additions to this manual make it well worth the download

Changes to this manual include
  • Addition of a word definitions section
  • Addition of parts and equipment used section
  • Power Injection
  • Addition of DMX and E1.31 detailed layout diagram
  • List of subjects within manual now have internal hyperlinks for easy navigation
  • A new name and front cover
  • Many fixes and improvements
I hope you enjoy this new released version of the ACL manual

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
The AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual Third Edition is now released for download (see top post)

The front cover has changed to a new design so that the manual can be distinguished from earlier releases. The updates and new additions to this manual make it well worth the download.

Changes to this manual include:
  • Extending Pixel Data - Null Pixels, Line Buffers and Differential Data transmission.
  • Addition of a differential controller layout diagram and an example Falcon Player layout diagram.
  • New LED Panels and controllers section.
  • New Falcon Player section (completely rewritten, replaces previous FPP section) with examples of Pi/BBB expansion boards (capes).
  • Sequencer screenshots and key details updated.
  • Light choices updated to current products and pricing.
  • Controller choices also updated.
  • New Fusing section.
  • Addition of links (where relevant) to videos located within https://auschristmaslighting.com/media/ such as Mini videos and sequencer tutorials.
  • AusChristmasLighting site links (e.g. wiki) updated to new (current) site link format.
  • A new front cover design.
  • Formatting changes galore - consistent fonts, larger 'minimum' font size where possible (8pt font say what!?)
  • Many, and I repeat many fixes and improvements.
Work begun on this 101 latest update late last year, with a significant amount of time and effort put in over all these months by @AAH (co-editor of this update), plus an anonymous reviewer and, over the last few weeks, a team of proofreaders who volunteered to help out during this last stage. All of you have played a part in bringing the 101 into the present times and for that I say thank you. :thumbsup:

On behalf of everyone who contributed in one way or another to updating this manual to 2018, I hope you find this new version useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.