What should happen to this topic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You heard it here 1st. An impending announcement on what has been happening with the LSP code development should be released inside of 24 hrs.
The word on the street is that the guys have been doing lots of work on it.

AAH

1st pics of my incomplete racing trike complete with 3D printed kingpin bushes (thx to AussiePhil).
Wheels and tyres go on tomorrow and the balance of the rear roll cage. Steering and brakes after that.
Hope to get it on the road and rolling within a week and the shell to be around it pretty soon after. Hopefully in August I'll be doing some laps at up around the 60kmh mark. Pedal powered for those that are curious.

http://bendigoeevhpv.wix.com/grandprix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PM4F2NHS4

Attachments

• IMAG1859.jpg
    IMAG1859.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1865.jpg
    IMAG1865.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

B_P_J

Full time elf
1st to say that looks rather fun, although pedaling like that for 10 hours.... umm yeah i would struggle for 10 minutes, they actually look like they get up an go pretty fast, good luck Alan, do you think it will be ready for the 2015 event? keep us updated, progress pics, etc, hey is there anything you cant do?
Oh and another 1st in the same post, 1st to say Jurassic world at the IMAX Darling Harbour was unfrigginreal... seriously fantastic movie... and best part Darling Harbour wasnt anywhere near as busy as it normally is,
Wooooooooop Woooooooooop (thats for you Daryl)

AAH

My 1st update for Brad on my trike build. Firstly the event is for 10 hrs but it is for 6-8 riders and I expect that over that time I might get in there for 2 stretches of up to 1 hr each.
The trikes are unbelievable fun and if you can get to the RACV Energy Breakthrough in Maryborough Victoria, the RACQ Technology Challenge in Maryborough Queensland or a number of the other races Australia wide they are amazing to watch. I watched my 1st race in 2013 and have been hooked since.
My 1st trike was just a rough hack I put together for the kids and I to play on an it's just about off road compatible being made rather heavy duty. It has a much wider wheelbase and is so low and stable you can corner hard enough to peel rubber off bmx tyres.
Today being the 1st time I had tyres on the trike and a fully welded frame I jumped in and out a few times imagining that I had the shell around it as well and I found that I had a few clearance issues. My 2 roll cages were both about 50mm shy of what I really needed so out with the grinder to whip off those cages and to swap them for ones a bit bigger. I also found that my seat was a bit tight across the hips so I have to open that out a bit.

The pic isn't a real flattering one as I had my "welding" clothes on and had my head up so I could have a gander at clearances rather than being in race position.

Attachments

• IMAG1868.jpg
    IMAG1868.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

B_P_J

Full time elf
1st to say thanks for the update Alan, and might i say, holy crap you sit/lie close to the ground in one of them, lol,
its looking great though Alan, phew pedaling 10 hours would have been torture, i get you, changing riders, etc makes sense,
good luck with it all, loving the updates..

gerry

Senior elf
My 1st post in this thread.
Hi Alan,
I think that the bike bit should be moved to its own thread as it is quite interesting , especially given your build.

From time to time I do glance at this thread , but not often...

AAH

You're not the 1st to think that Ed. A friend calls that my "homeless orphan" outfit. I could care less if I burn holes in those clothes with grinder or welder spatter. When the welder spatter burns through my Asics non steel cap sneakers I suffer a bit though. If it was Summer I'd be in my Taiwanese safety boots and the feet cop a few more burns.
productimage_510_thumb.jpg

It's a 2 tonne tipper btw.

AAH

1st post in the "1st" to suggest that todays Adelaide mini can't have happened as there are no pictures :)

Mm

Silent elf
The England ladies football (soccer) team have reached a World Cup semi-final for the first time in their history as victory over hosts Canada set up a tie with reigning champions Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.