uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
How many pixels do your small trees have. I did want to do about 6 to 8 of them eventually.

Also from where the tree will be located it’s about 15 feet from the street. Do you still recommend 2” spacing?
Mini trees are 42" tomato cages with 100 bullet pixels with 4" spacing. You could have a forest like me with 4,000 pixels. My Mega Tree is only about 20 feet from the street but most view from 50+ feet. 1" spacing has always seemed like a waste to me. Lots of this hobby comes down to personal preferences and what you want your display to become. My tree is primarily for effects. My intent isn't to have my Mega Tree be a matrix. With 2" spacing it still does ok with the video I've tried though

JamesC

New elf
Thanks for the advice. I will check out the tomato cages. Do you have a pic of how you have them setup?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Thanks for the advice. I will check out the tomato cages. Do you have a pic of how you have them setup?
wrapped them in chicken wire first, it was a bloody mess... but worth it. The tree's have been in the display 10+ years. Started with incans, then dumb RGB and pixels the last 5 years

Attachments

• minitrees.jpeg
    minitrees.jpeg
    782.7 KB · Views: 15

JamesC

New elf
Ok I will have to do that too. I like that. Thanks for the help.

Jorge Bolivar

Full time elf
Falcon controllers max out at 680 pixels per port for 40 fps use.

If planning to use expansion boards and such, why not look at the F48 differential controller and smart differential receivers? That will ease the wiring and the thinking a bit.

I will not use only one PSU, that is just me.