1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

2011 Big W Lights Starting to Appear on Shelves

Discussion in 'Lights - Store Bought and Home Made' started by aussiexmas, Sep 16, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    aussiexmas

aussiexmas Sinnamon Lights

The $15 special is for 3 days (9-11Dec) according to our Brisbane paper. Start of their clearance no doubt and it applies in store also.

While the webstore indicates shipping is a week off, I ordered this morning also and have just received notification that my order has shipped. ???

Regards Geoff

2. tuppetsdad

tuppetsdad Funding & Tech Support

yes Geoff yesterday I was at Bunnings in Hawthorn and they have moved their xmas lights to a clearance area and don't have a lot left.

3. Steve22537

Steve22537 Full Time Elf

Visited my local BigW today and stocked up on strings for next years mega tree, $15.00 for the 200 LED strings. I had to get a bigger trolley.

Steve

4. pointlowly

pointlowly New Elf

I have just been on Big W online store and there are already discounting they christmas lights by 50% I just order another 20 sets of lights for next year. Don't leave it too late as certain colours and stock are selling out fast.

David

5. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass! Community Project Designer Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I changed the sequencing for the Big W multicoloured strings on the back fence tonight and realised that one of them has the channels swapped.

That string must be miss wired at both ends, as all the strings following it are the correct colours.

So, it looks like it pays to check the channels on these suckers too now. Not a major problem, but a little annoying.

6. westy27

westy27 Apprentice Elf

Just raided 5 big w for boxing day sales. Some stores had the 200 starter kits as low as $6 but not much stock.

7. wjohn

wjohn Apprentice Elf

I have seen that problem three times, with strings I have. just a quick re-wire fixed the problem. Thanks to a gas powered soldering iron.

8. uziman

uziman New Elf

Thats cheap... I grabbed 4 sets of each red,green,blue. Couldn't find any cool white ones.
    Did BigW have the extension sets at all this year?

9. David_AVD

Find Me On:
    I've had to correct the wiring on 3 of the 10 brand new multicolour strings I just received from Big W. The 10th string has wrong LEDs in the last section, so I cut it back to 17.9 metres.

I've also had two multicolour and one cool white string loose one channel in one section (very dim). Flexing the cabling and LEDs does not change it so I'm guessing a bad LED or series resistor.

Has anyone bought Big W strings online and asked for replacements?

10. Bevo

Bevo Let your Light Shine before men

Find Me On:
    David I have also bought a lot of multi coloured sets on-line this year and have had a number of sections fail. I did take 3 sets back to a local Big W store for a full refund as they were out of stock.
    Make sure you print out your on-line order receipt and you should be able to take them to any Big W store for a refund.

11. wannabgeek

wannabgeek New Elf

Hi,

I a chasing 2-3 sets of the Christmas Time 10m Cool White Connectable LED Rope lights. Looks like I have left it to late as I can't find any in-store or online.

Does anyone know if there are any other brands that can be connected to the Bigw Lights?

Thanks

12. David_AVD

Find Me On: