2011 Big W Lights Starting to Appear on Shelves

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
The $15 special is for 3 days (9-11Dec) according to our Brisbane paper. Start of their clearance no doubt and it applies in store also.

While the webstore indicates shipping is a week off, I ordered this morning also and have just received notification that my order has shipped. ???

Regards Geoff

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
yes Geoff yesterday I was at Bunnings in Hawthorn and they have moved their xmas lights to a clearance area and don't have a lot left.

Steve22537

Full time elf
Visited my local BigW today and stocked up on strings for next years mega tree, $15.00 for the 200 LED strings. I had to get a bigger trolley.

Steve

pointlowly

New elf
I have just been on Big W online store and there are already discounting they christmas lights by 50% I just order another 20 sets of lights for next year. Don't leave it too late as certain colours and stock are selling out fast.

David

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I changed the sequencing for the Big W multicoloured strings on the back fence tonight and realised that one of them has the channels swapped.

That string must be miss wired at both ends, as all the strings following it are the correct colours.

So, it looks like it pays to check the channels on these suckers too now. Not a major problem, but a little annoying.

westy27

Apprentice elf
Just raided 5 big w for boxing day sales. Some stores had the 200 starter kits as low as $6 but not much stock.

wjohn

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
I changed the sequencing for the Big W multicoloured strings on the back fence tonight and realised that one of them has the channels swapped.

That string must be miss wired at both ends, as all the strings following it are the correct colours.

I have seen that problem three times, with strings I have. just a quick re-wire fixed the problem. Thanks to a gas powered soldering iron.

uziman

New elf
westy27 said:
Just raided 5 big w for boxing day sales. Some stores had the 200 starter kits as low as $6 but not much stock.

Thats cheap... I grabbed 4 sets of each red,green,blue. Couldn't find any cool white ones.
Did BigW have the extension sets at all this year?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I've had to correct the wiring on 3 of the 10 brand new multicolour strings I just received from Big W. The 10th string has wrong LEDs in the last section, so I cut it back to 17.9 metres.

I've also had two multicolour and one cool white string loose one channel in one section (very dim). Flexing the cabling and LEDs does not change it so I'm guessing a bad LED or series resistor.

Has anyone bought Big W strings online and asked for replacements?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
David I have also bought a lot of multi coloured sets on-line this year and have had a number of sections fail. I did take 3 sets back to a local Big W store for a full refund as they were out of stock.
Make sure you print out your on-line order receipt and you should be able to take them to any Big W store for a refund.

wannabgeek

New elf
Hi,

I a chasing 2-3 sets of the Christmas Time 10m Cool White Connectable LED Rope lights. Looks like I have left it to late as I can't find any in-store or online.

Does anyone know if there are any other brands that can be connected to the Bigw Lights?

Thanks