2012 ACL Christmas Card Swap

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Well the year is drawing to it's obvious conclusion. To borrow a line from Mel Brooks, I have much to do and less time to do it in. I'm sure everyone's the same. :) But in the meantime we have the 2nd Annual ACL Christmas Card Swap!
So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.
I haven’t kept any names from last year, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.
To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent via PM). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do and in fact I would encourage you to include your family. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM.
Due date will be FRIDAY 9TH NOVEMBER and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 16TH NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. To avoid confusion with late comers I always send a PM confirming I have received your details, if you don't received a PM from me confirming receipt of your details assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat.
Hope as many people as possible participate – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!
Cheers,
Ingrid
PS - If can receive the whole list if you like. 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that it could be a big list! If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Well worth participating in the spiit of community and Christmas

Thanks for organising this Ingrid.

Now i wonder what cards ill get

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Thanks Ingrid, I enjoyed this last year and it's a great to get cards from all over the World.
I was amased at the effort of some people who personalize there Christmas cards with pictures and stories of their display.
Thanks again for organizing this, it must be a huge task.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
So far we have 8 people participating in the swap. Join in the fun - I promise you this is not a "Happy Dude" scam (hehehehe, send $1 to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield).

Plenty of time to sign up, but make sure you do! :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Just think you may even get a Christmas card from me. :eek:

Hold on we are trying to attract people to this, not turn them away :D

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Bird said:
The appropriate card from the US would have a picture of the BALD Eagle. :D

Eddy's card had a Picture of something bald on it. It was eithor a bowling ball or Eddy's head :D

PM Sent to join up once again.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
Bird said:
The appropriate card from the US would have a picture of the BALD Eagle. :D

Eddy's card had a Picture of something bald on it. It was eithor a bowling ball or Eddy's head :D

PM Sent to join up once again.

Me and hair have a mutual agreement.

Hair doesnt want me and I dont want hair. Hair is just a fashion accessory for those that feel uncomfortable about themselves :D
or so I tell myself.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Ive been waiting for the Card Swap again..
It's a great was to receive cards for you can pin them up.
I also like the ones where people make themselv's with a picture of there show on it.
Thanks for doing this again tootles

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
14 participants to date. Remember if you want to join in, PM me your details (see first post). Enlist some elves to help you get the cards done if you think you're running out of time. ;)

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I have more corny Kangaroo's with Christmas hats on Ready to go, Thanks again Ingrid for putting this together.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
5 days to go to get your name in for the Card Swap. 19 participants from all over the joint - anyone can join in. See the first post for what the deal is and PM me your details. :)