Sydney/NSW 2012 Sydney Mini Sunday 08/07/12 - Please Confirm Your Attendance

Benslights

Dedicated elf
would also love to see a demo on making your own Cat5 cables and recommendations on what to buy for the job

hawkenp

New elf
Sounds great, i cant wait to meet many other people into christmas lights
this will be my first christmas lights expo, so not sure what to expect
peter

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Peter H said:
Sounds great, i cant wait to meet many other people into christmas lights
this will be my first christmas lights expo, so not sure what to expect
peter

Great to see some new faces turning up, for the new guys this will surely be an eye opening experience as you will gain a lot of new knowledge from talking face to face with those that have aleady walked the path.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas in the Shire said:
Let me know what is needed and I will ensure we can accommodate it.
Cheers
Craig (Christmas in the Shire)

Do you have a map of the exact location of the venue?

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
The easiest way to gain directions is to Google Sydney Fish Market. Be aware that the overhead view on Google maps shows the M4 Western Distributor, which is blocking the view and not allowing you to see Bank Street underneath. Access to SFM and Hymix car park is via Bank Street. There are heaps of tourist signs to Sydney Fish Market. You can't go wrong!
Attached is a map from Google maps of SFM. I have tried to show everyone where to park and where to go. If you need to unload at SFM's loading dock, please let me know before you arrive on the day. You will need an additional pass and special instructions - otherwise security will be on your tail (which won't be pleasant!).
Generally, access to the FREE parking is right next to the main SFM car park entrance. It is in the Hymix Concrete plant site. I will place a sign out the front to assist everyone finding it. Show your pass to the security guard for FREE parking. Display your pass on the dashboard for the duration of the Mini. This way, security will know to contact me if there are any logistical issues with the parked cars.
Walk to the main building through SFM's car park. Locate the Commonwealth ATM in the mouth of the retail arcade (opposite Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant). Next to the Comm Bank ATM, will be 2 glass doors. Enter and take the stairs to level 1. When up stairs, follow the signs....you can't miss it!
Any issues call me on the day for assistance. My number will be on your parking pass.
Getting closer by the day. Only 46 sleeps to go!
Craig

Attachments

• Sydney Fish Market Map.png
    Sydney Fish Market Map.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 35

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi thanks for the invite. Have spoken to the Misses and we would like to come and meet you.
No seafood or coffee for me but Im sure the Misses would partake. I like my caffene cold. I look forward to meeting all that attend and seeing your blinkin lights.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Hi Guys,
Looks like I won't be able to attend this year :-( my wife has been working every Sunday and am finding it difficult to find a baby sitter for the day.

I'll be sure to let you know should things change but it isn't looking too good at the moment

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
talk2coxie said:
Hi Guys,
Looks like I won't be able to attend this year :-( my wife has been working every Sunday and am finding it difficult to find a baby sitter for the day.

I'll be sure to let you know should things change but it isn't looking too good at the moment

No excuses Mark :D , as Dave said bring the ankle biter with you if you cant arrange anything else, I can pick you up on my way there if needed.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Unfortunately my daughter is 15 months old and has figured out there is wide world out there for her to explore. Looking after her at the moment basically means following her around keeping her out of everything and anything. Even TV doesn't cut it at the moment. The best option for me is to keep the pressure on the in laws to hopefully change their plans :)